High Precision Fixed-Gain Fully Differential Amplifiers/ADC Drivers with Low Power
Analog Devices announces LTC6363-0.5, LTC6363-1 and LTC6363-2 Precision, Fixed-Gain, Fully Differential Amplifiers, creating a family of ultra-precision fixed-gain variants of the successful LTC6363 amplifier. The new offerings are available in fixed gains of 0.5, 1 and 2V/V which provide flexibility when scaling inputs to the full range of ADCs.
- View the LTC6363 product page, download the data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/LTC6363
The precision resistors, which are integrated in LTC6363-0.5, LTC6363-1 and LTC6363-2, have been designed with overall system performance in mind, striking a balance between noise and linearity, and utilizing laser trimmed factory calibration to achieve a level of precision which is difficult and costly to achieve discretely. Initial gain accuracy is 45ppm maximum and varies by only 0.5ppm/°C maximum over temperature. Common mode rejection ratio, which is typically limited by discrete resistor matching, is an outstanding 94dB minimum, equivalent to a 0.002% resistor matching.
“One of the challenges when driving high performance SAR ADCs is finding an appropriate driver that consumes comparable power while maintaining the noise and linearity performance of the ADC. This is where the LTC6363 family excels. For example, the LTC2378-20 20-bit SAR ADC consumes 21mW at 1Msps,” says Maziar Tavakoli, Design Manager, Linear Products and Solutions. “The LTC6363 family’s noise and linearity have negligible impact on ADC performance while consuming a mere 19mW, comparable to the ADC’s power consumption. Now with the LTC6363-0.5, LTC6363-1 and LTC6363-2 you can get this same ADC driving performance plus the added precision afforded by the precision integrated resistors, all in the same compact MSOP8 package.”
The entire LTC6363 family operates with supply voltages from 2.8V (±1.4V) to 11V (±5.5V) while drawing 1.75mA typical supply current. The devices are specified for operation over a temperature range from –40°C to 125°C. The LTC6363 fixed-gain series are available in a 3mm × 5mm plastic MSOP8 package, and the LTC6363(without resistors) is also offered in the tiny 2mm × 3mm DFN package. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LTC6363.
Summary of Features: LTC6363 series:
- Available with User-Settable Gain or Fixed-Gain of 0.5V/V, 1V/V, or 2V/V
- 2.9nV/√Hz Input-Referred Noise
- Drives 20-Bit SAR & Sigma-Delta ADCs
- 2mA Maximum Supply Current
- 45ppm Max Gain Error
- 0.5ppm/°C Max Gain Error Drift
- 94dB Min CMRR
- 100μV Max Offset Voltage
- 50nA Max Input Offset Current
- Fast Settling: 720ns to 18-Bit, 8VP-P Output
- 2.8V (±1.4V) to 11V (±5.5V) Supply Voltage Range
- Differential Rail-to-Rail Outputs
- Input Common Mode Range Includes Ground
- Low Distortion: 118dB SFDR at 2kHz, 18VP-P
- 500MHz Gain-Bandwidth Product
- 35MHz –3dB Bandwidth
- Low Power Shutdown: 20μA (VS = 3V)
- 8-Lead MSOP and 2mm × 3mm 8-Lead DFN Packages
Pricing & Availability Product Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 Package LTC6363 Now Starts at $2.49 8-Lead MSOP & DFN LTC6363-0.5 Now Starts at $3.92 8-Lead MSOP LTC6363-1 Now Starts at $3.92 8-Lead MSOP LTC6363-2 Now Starts at $3.92 8-Lead MSOP
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.