38VIN, 10A Boost µModule Regulator Ideal for Driving LEDs
Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear™ LTM8005 boost DC/DC µModule® (power module) regulator designed for driving LEDs. The LTM8005 includes a DC/DC controller, power switch, Schottky diode and current sense resistor in a 9mm x 11.25mm x 2.22mm BGA package. The LTM8005 operates from a 5V to 38V input voltage range and can deliver up to 1.6A of regulated current at an output voltage of up to 38V. An Inductor is external, enabling the LTM8005 to easily configure in different operation modes including boost, buck-boost, buck and SEPIC topologies with a coupled inductor.
- View the LTM8005 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: www.analog.com/LTM8005
The high reliability H-grade version guarantees operation from –40°C to 150°C. The wide input voltage range and 150°C operation make this µModule LED driver ideal for automotive and industrial lighting applications.
The operating frequency is adjustable from 100kHz to 1MHz, and built-in spread spectrum frequency modulation improves electromagnetic compatibility performance. Brightness of the LEDs can be controlled by the analog CTRL pin and by PWM dimming with a range up to 3,000:1. The LTM8005 provides safety features such as output disconnect short-circuit protection, open LED protection, programmable input current limit, as well as, input and output current reporting.
The E and I grades of the LTM8005 operate from –40°C to 125°C, and up to 150°C for the H grade. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LTM8005.
Summary of Features: LTM8005
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 5V to 38V
- 40V, 10A Internal Power Switch
- 3,000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming
- Internal 40V Switch for PWM & Output Disconnect
- Internal Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Open LED Protection with OPENLED Flag
- Short-Circuit Protection with SHORTLED Flag
- Input & Output Current Reporting
- 9mm x 11.25mm x 2.22mm BGA Package
Pricing & Availability
Product Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 Package LTM8005 Now Starts at $9.95 9mm x 11.25mm x 2.22mm BGA
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Editor's Contact Information
- John Hamburger