Analog Devices’ Isolated Power Converters Support Class B System EMI Levels
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today announced its latest generation of reinforced isolated power converters, setting a new benchmark for low component-level radiated emissions allowing systems to meet EN 55022/CISPR 22 Class B Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) standard requirements. The ADuM5020/6020 and ADuM5028/6028 series eliminate the need for costly EMI mitigation techniques at the application level and simplify the EMI certification process reducing design cost and time.
- View the ADuM5020 and ADuM6020 product pages, download datasheets, and order samples: http://www.analog.com/ADuM5020 or http://www.analog.com/ADuM6020
- View the ADuM5028 and ADuM6028 product pages, download datasheets, and order samples: http://www.analog.com/ADuM5028 or http://www.analog.com/ADuM6028
- Watch a video about the new isolated power converters: http://www.analog.com/isolatedpowerconvertersvideo
Emerging safety-critical applications, such as Electric Vehicle and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (EV/HEV) automotive battery monitoring and industrial programmable logic controllers (PLC), require compact and dense isolated designs that deliver size and weight savings, strict emissions compliance, and reliable protection from high voltages for people and equipment. Use of these devices can achieve emissions targets on a two layer PCB, which reduces the solution size by as much as 70%, and decreases the material cost by 30% compared to a four layer board. The new series of 500mW DC-DC power converters builds upon ADI’s iCoupler® and isoPower® chip-scale transformer technologies to support high temperature operation up to 125ºC and the smallest 8-lead form factor. The 16-lead ADuM5020/6020 and the 8-lead ADuM5028/6028 are the first devices in the series.
ADuM5020/6020 and ADuM5028/6028 Product Highlights:
- Low radiated emissions below Class B EN 55022/CISPR 22 standard limits
- Smallest package size – 8-lead SOIC
- High temperature operation – 125°C
- Safety and regulatory approvals (UL, CSA, VDE, CQC)
Pricing and Availability
Product Isolation Rating Full Production Price Each Per 1,000 Packaging ADuM5020/
3kV/5kV June $3.09/
16 lead SOIC_W/
16 lead SOIC_IC
3kV/5kV June $3.19/
8 lead SOIC_IC
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
iCoupler® and isoPower® are registered trademarks of Analog Devices, Inc.
Read and subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue.html
Editor's Contact Information
- Linda Kincaid