60VOUT, Synchronous Boost LED Controller
Analog Devices announces the Power by Linear™ LT3762, a 60V output, high efficiency, synchronous, boost LED driver controller with a programmable internal LED PWM signal generator and spread spectrum frequency modulation that yield low EMI noise. The versatile LT3762 includes a rail-to-rail current sense amplifier, enabling high side or low side current sensing that in addition to synchronous boost facilitates synchronous buck-mode and buck-boost mode topologies and nonsynchronous SEPIC designs.
- View the LT3762 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/LT3762
The LT3762’s 2.5V to 38.5V input voltage range and synchronous operation is ideal for automotive power systems, portable instruments, industrial applications, medical instruments and architectural lighting. An auxiliary on-chip buck-boost converter provides the necessary gate drive voltage in low voltage systems, and when combined with a low 500µA maximum quiescent current and 1µA shutdown current (TA = 25°C), results in high efficiency over wide input voltage and output current ranges.
In systems where EMI is a concern, the LT3762’s optional spread spectrum frequency modulation can be enabled to reduce the effective switching frequency noise. An on-chip PWM signal generator is synchronized to the internal oscillator for lowest noise performance. Internal PWM generation provides 250:1 dimming; external 3000:1 dimming or analog dimming can also be employed.
Other features of the constant current and constant voltage LT3762 include current mode operation with cycle-by-cycle current limiting, adjustable 100kHz to 1MHz switching, programmable undervoltage lockout, open LED and short-circuit protection with fault status indicators, LED overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. The LT3762 is available in thermally enhanced 28-lead TSSOP and 4mm x 5mm QFN packages. Three temperature grades are available, with operation from –40°C to 125°C (junction) for the extended and industrial grades, and a high temperature grade of –40°C to 150°C. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LT3762.
Summary of Features: LT3762
- Synchronous Controller for Highest Efficiency
- 500µA Maximum Quiescent Current and 1µA Shutdown Current (TA = 25°C)
- Optional Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- Internal 250:1 PWM Signal Generator
Pricing & Availability Product Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 Package LT3762 Now Starts at $2.71 28-Lead 4mm x 5mm Exposed Pad TSSOP & QFN
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
- Read and subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue