Transimpedance Amplifier with Fast Overload Recovery Targets Lidar Automotive Markets
- Analog Devices announces the LTC6561, a 4-channel transimpedance amplifier (TIA) with output mux, which delivers outstanding performance for high speed and high dynamic range LiDAR applications. With just 56nARMS of integrated noise and a bandwidth over 200MHz, the LTC6561 enhances sensitivity in longer-range detection LiDAR systems and the TIA can easily handle narrow pulses of less than 5ns.
- View the LTC6561 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/LTC6561
A unique feature of the LTC6561 is its ability to recover quickly from an avalanche photo diode (APD) current surges. This APD current surge creates a saturation event and temporarily blinds the LiDAR system. The LTC6561 recovers in 12ns at 1mA and can handle up to 1A of APD current surge, maximizing the effectiveness of the LiDAR system.
The LTC6561 4-channel system is designed with two levels of multiplexing. Four inputs are multiplexed into a single output. A second output MUX allows multiple LTC6561s to be combined to address 8-,12-,16- or 32-channel applications. This results in smaller overall solutions and higher channel count in space-limited situations. In addition, it eliminates the need for external multiplexers further reducing cost and size
The LTC6561 operates from a 5V supply and draws only 180mW of power for the 4 channels. The device is specified for operation over a temperature range from –40°C to 85°C. The LTC6561 I grade is available in a 4mm x 4mm plastic 24-lead QFN package and the LTC6561 H grade (future product) will extend the temperature range from –40°C to 125°C. For more information, visit www.analog.com/LTC6561.
Summary of Features: LTC6561 series:
- 220MHz –3dB Bandwidth with 2pF Input Capacitance
- Single-Ended Output
- 74kΩ Transimpedance Gain
- 4.5pA/√Hz Input Current Noise Density at 200MHz (2pF)
- 56nARMS Integrated Input Current Noise Over 200MHz (2pF)
- Linear Input Range 0µA to 30µA
- Overload Current > ±400mA Peak
- Fast Overload Recovery
- Fast Channel Switchover
- 2VP-P Output Swing on 100Ω Load
Pricing & Availabiliy Product Production Availability Price Each per 1,000 Package LTC6561 Now Starts at $8.20 4mm x 4mm 24-Lead QFN
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
- Read and subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue.