±230V Input Common Mode G=10 Difference Amplifier Features 90dB Min CMRR, ±75ppm Max Gain Error
Analog Devices announces the LT6376, a gain of 10 difference amplifier with integrated precision matched resistors, which precisely level shifts and amplifies small difference signals while rejecting up to ±230V common mode. The LT6376 achieves unprecedented performance: CMRR is 90dB (min), initial gain error is 75ppm (max), gain drift is 1ppm/°C (max) and gain nonlinearity is 2ppm (max). The common mode divide ratio is selectable from 3.1 to 10.3, enabling the designer to select the ratio with the best performance for a given common mode input range. The available gain of 10 eliminates the need for a following amplifier stage often required to gain up the differential signals of interest, simplifying signal chain design.
- View the LT6376 product page, download the data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: www.analog.com/LT6376
At the heart of the LT6376 is a high precision Over-The-Top® amplifier which operates with inputs both within and above the 3.3V to 50V supply voltage. This feature permits the combination of a wide input range and low voltage supply. Use of a low voltage supply limits power consumption and protects downstream circuitry from high voltage.
“The LT6376 combines a high precision, wide voltage range Over-The-Top amplifier with configurable precision matched resistors,” says Maziar Tavakoli, Design Manager, Linear Products and Solutions. “With seven different divider ratios to choose from, precision, noise and speed can be optimized for specific input range requirements. For example, if the input common mode range is ±80V, a resistor divider ratio of 6.3 may be selected to achieve lower noise, lower offset, and wider bandwidth than is achievable with higher divide ratios.”
The LT6376 is a complementary alternative to the new and higher input common mode voltage LT6375 (±270V common mode voltage range with G = 1). The LT6376 offers a voltage gain of 10, as well as improvements in noise, offset voltage and temperature coefficients, achieving a lower total error budget. The LT6376 is available in a 4mm × 4mm 14-lead DFN and a 4mm long MSOP package with 16 leads. Both packages include skipped leads for extra spacing of high voltage input signals.
The LT6376 is fully specified over the –40°C to 85°C (I-grade) and –40°C to 125° (H-grade) temperature ranges. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT6376.
Summary of Features: LT6376
- ±230V Common Mode Voltage Range
- Outstanding Precision:
- CMRR: 90dB Minimum
- Gain Error: 0.0075% Maximum (75ppm)
- Gain Error Drift: 1ppm/°C Maximum
- Gain Nonlinearity: 2ppm Maximum
- Offset Voltage: 200µV Maximum
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 3.3V to 50V
- Rail-to-Rail Output
- 350µA Supply Current
- Selectable Internal Resistor Divider Ratio
- 300kHz –3dB Bandwidth (Resistor Divider = 3.1)
- 160kHz –3dB Bandwidth (Resistor Divider = 10.3)
- –40°C to 125°C Specified Temperature Range
- Low Power Shutdown: 20μA (DFN Package Only)
- Space-Saving MSOP and DFN Packages
Pricing & Availability Product Production Availability Price Each Per 1,000 Package LT6376 Now Starts at $3.20 14-Lead 4mm × 4mm DFN 16-Lead 4mm Long MSOP
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI's monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.