Silent Switcher, 42VIN, 2.5A µModule Regulator in 6.25mm × 6.25mm BGA Package
Analog Devices, Inc., which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LTM8065, a µModule® (power module) step-down regulator with up to 40V input voltage (42V abs max), which can safely operate from unregulated or fluctuating 12V to 36V input supplies in noisy environments such as industrial robotics, test and measurement, medical, factory automation and avionics systems. The Silent Switcher® architecture minimizes EMC/EMI emissions enabling the LTM8065 to pass CISPR 22 class B for use in noise-sensitive signal processing applications, including imaging and RF systems. The LTM8065’s small 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.32mm BGA package includes a switching regulator controller, power switches, inductor and other supporting components. With only two 0805 sized capacitors and two 0603 sized resistors, the LTM8065’s solution occupies approximately 100mm2, about half the size of equivalent power level module solutions.
The LTM8065 can deliver 2.5A of continuous (3.5A peak) output current to a 5V load from a 12V input at up to 85°C ambient without a heat sink or airflow. The output voltage is adjustable with one resistor from 0.97V to 18V. This wide output voltage range provides versatility, using one product to generate common system bus voltage of 3.3V, 5V, 12V and 15V. The switching frequency is adjustable by an external single resistor or can be synchronized to an external clock from 200kHz to 3MHz. It enables customer operation of the device in or out of the specific frequency. The LTM8065 has four modes: Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode, pulse-skip mode with spread spectrum modulation and external synchronization mode. The quiescent current at burst mode is 8µA, making it ideal for battery operating systems.
The LTM8065 operating temperature range is –40°C to 125°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $7.75 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/ltm8065.
Summary of Features: LTM8065
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 40V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.97V to 18V
- 2.5A Continuous Output Current, 3.5A Peak
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 3MHz
- External Synchronization
- Low Quiescent Current: 8µA
- Tiny, Low Profile 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.32mm RoHS Compliant BGA Package
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) is the leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com