42VIN, 3.5A µModule Regulator for Industrial Systems, Factory Automation & Avionics in 6.25mm × 9mm BGA Package
Linear Technology introduces the LTM8053, a µModule® (power module) step-down regulator with up to 40V input voltage (42V abs max), which can safely operate from unregulated or fluctuating 12V to 36V input supplies in noisy environments, such as industrial robotics, factory automation and avionics systems.
The LTM8053 houses a switching regulator controller, power switches, inductor and other supporting components in a 6.25mm × 9mm × 3.32mm BGA package. With only two capacitors and two resistors the LTM8053’s solution occupies approximately 150mm2, versus alternative solutions requiring up to 250mm2 and twice as many components.
The LTM8053 delivers 3.5A of continuous (6A peak) output current, and its SHARE pin enables current sharing, allowing it to operate in parallel to deliver more current. The output voltage is adjustable with one resistor from 0.97V to 15V. This wide output voltage range provides versatility, so this one device generates common system bus voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V and 15V. The efficiency at 12VIN to 5VOUT is 90%. The LTM8053 delivers 3.5A of output current up to 85°C ambient without a heat sink or airflow (12VIN to 5VOUT).
The LTM8053 operating temperature range is –40°C to 125°C. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $9.66 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/ltm8053.
Summary of Features: LTM8053
- Complete Step-Down Switch Mode Power Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 40V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.97V to 15V
- 3.5A Continuous Output Current, 6A Peak
- Parallelable for Increased Output Current
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 200kHz to 3MHz
- Tiny, Low Profile 6.25mm × 9mm × 3.32mm RoHS Compliant BGA Package
42V, 3.5A Step-Down µModule Regulator
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson