2A, 2MHz, 28V Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with IQ = 6µA
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8335, a current mode, 2MHz step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 2A, 28V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 3V to 25V, suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The LT8335 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. It utilizes a fixed 2MHz switching frequency, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and avoid critical frequency bands, such as AM radio. Burst Mode® operation reduces quiescent current to only 6µA while keeping output ripple below 15mVP-P. The combination of a 3mm × 2mm DFN package and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8335’s 170mΩ switch delivers efficiencies of over 90%, while programmable undervoltage lockout (UVLO) optimizes system performance. A single feedback resistor sets the output voltage whether the output is positive or negative, minimizing external components. Other features include internal compensation, soft-start, frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protection.
The LT8335EDDB is available in a 3mm × 2mm DFN-8 package. An industrial temperature (–40°C to 125°C) version, the LT8335IDDB, is also available. Pricing starts at $2.55 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Both versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8335.
Summary of Features: LT8335
- 3V to 25V Input Voltage Range
- Ultralow Quiescent Current & Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 6µA
- 2A, 28V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Fixed 2MHz Switching Frequency
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Internal Compensation & Soft-Start
- Low Quiescent Current = 25µA
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 8-Lead (3mm × 2mm) DFN Package
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson