100V Isolated Monolithic No-Opto Flyback Regulator Delivers up to 24 Watts
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8304, a monolithic flyback regulator that significantly simplifies the design of isolated DC/DC converters. By sampling the isolated output voltage directly from the primary-side flyback waveform, the part requires no opto-isolator or third winding for regulation. The LT8304 operates over a 3V to 100V input voltage range, has a 2A/150V integrated DMOS power switch and delivers up to 24 watts of output power, making it well suited for a wide variety of telecom, datacom, automotive, industrial, medical and military applications.
The LT8304 operates in boundary mode, which is a variable frequency current mode control switching scheme, typically resulting in ±5% output voltage regulation over the full line, load and temperature range. Boundary mode enables the use of a smaller transformer compared to equivalent continuous conduction-mode designs. The output voltage is easily set by two external resistors and the transformer turns ratio. Several off-the-shelf transformers, identified in the data sheet, can be used for numerous applications. The high level of integration and the use of low ripple Burst Mode® operation result in a simple to use, low component count and high efficiency solution for isolated power delivery.
Additional features include output short-circuit protection, 116µA no load operating quiescent current, accurate enable and undervoltage lockout with hysteresis, internal soft start and loop compensation, along with output diode temperature compensation.
The LT8304 is available in a small thermally enhanced SO-8 package. Extended and industrial versions operate over a junction temperature range of –40°C to 125°C. Pricing starts at $3.55 each in 1000-piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8304.
Summary of Features: LT8304
- VIN Range from 3V to 100V
- Up to 24 Watts of Output Power
- On-board 2A, 150V Integrated DMOS Power Switch
- Off-the-Shelf Power Transformers
- No Opto-Isolator or Transformer Third Winding Required for Voltage Feedback
- 116µA Quiescent Current
- Boundary Mode Operation
- VOUT Set with Two External Resistors
- Accurate Input Enable & Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Output Diode Temperature Compensation
- Extended & Industrial Grades: –40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temp
Isolated Monolithic Flyback Converter
Pricing shown is for budgetary use only and may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson