Analog Devices’ iCoupler Digital Isolator Technology Enables IGBT Gate Driver to Deliver the Most Robust and Energy Efficient Motor Drives
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) today introduced the ADuM4135 isolated IGBT gate driver to improve electric motor energy efficiency, reliability and system-control performance in industrial motor control applications. Incorporating ADI’s award-winning iCoupler® digital isolator technology, the ADuM4135 ensures safety and reliability through proven galvanic isolation in a single package while delivering the industry’s best combination of CMTI (common-mode transient immunity) at 100 kV/µs and propagation delay of 50 ns (typical).
The ADuM4135 allows customers to comply with IE3 and IE4 motor efficiency standards, consistent with the industry trend toward higher frequency switching technologies for both motor control and grid-inverters. Safety features include integrated Miller clamping and desaturation detection.
- Download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/adum4135
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
- Find application notes and technical articles about isolated gate driver solutions from ADI: http://www.analog.com/en/products/interface-isolation/isolation/isolated-gate-drivers
System designers can take advantage of the ADuM4135 gate driver’s low propagation delay and skew to minimize dead time between low-side/high-side switching, minimizing losses and improving overall system performance. The breakthrough CMTI performance and low propagation delay also support new power switch technologies, including SiC and GaN, which utilize higher switching frequencies in systems with increased transients. The ADuM4135 is available in a 16-lead, wide-body SOIC package and provides 8-mm creepage and clearance.
ADuM4135 Isolated Gate Driver Key Features
- 4-A peak drive output capability
- Output power device resistance < 1ohm
- Desaturation protection
- Isolated desaturation fault reporting
- Soft-shutdown on fault
- Miller clamp output with gate sense input
- Isolated fault and ready functions
- Low propagation delay (50 ns typical)/ delay skew (15 ns typical)
Pricing and Availability Product Availability Full Production Price Each Per 1,000 Packaging ADuM4135 NOW June 2015 $2.26 16 lead wide-body SOIC EVAL-ADuM4135EBZ NOW June 2015 $50.00 Each Evaluation Board
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
iCoupler and EngineerZone are registered trademarks of Analog Devices, Inc.
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/subscribe.html
Editor's Contact Information
- Edie Kramer