1A, 2MHz, 60V Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with IQ = 6µA
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT8330, a current mode, 2MHz step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 1A, 60V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 3V to 40V, making it suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The LT8330 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. It utilizes a fixed 2MHz switching frequency, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and avoid critical frequency bands, such as AM radio. Burst Mode® operation reduces quiescent current to only 6µA while keeping output ripple below 15mVP-P. The combination of a 3mm × 2mm DFN or TSOT-23 package and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8330’s 330mΩ switch delivers efficiencies of up to 90%. An accurate 1.6V EN/UVLO pin threshold allows undervoltage lockout (UVLO) to be programmed for optimal system performance. A single feedback pin enables programming of positive or negative output voltages. Other features include internal compensation, soft-start, frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protection.
The LT8330EDD is available in a 3mm × 2mm DFN-8 package and the LT8330ES6 is offered in a TSOT-23 package. Pricing starts at $2.50 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Industrial temperature –40°C to 125°C versions, the LT8330IDD and the LT8330IS6, are also available. High temperature –40°C to 150°C versions, the LT8330HDD and the LT8330HS6, are available as well. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT8330.
Summary of Features: LT8330
- 3V to 40V Input Voltage Range
- Ultralow Quiescent Current and Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 6µA
- 1A, 60V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Fixed 2MHz Switching Frequency
- Accurate 1.6V EN/UVLO Pin Threshold
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Low Profile 1mm ThinSOT™ Package
- Low Profile 0.75mm 8-Lead 3mm × 2mm DFN Package
1A, 60V Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter
The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.
- About Analog Devices
- Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson