17V, 2.25MHz, Synchronous Step-Down Regulator Delivers 2A & Requires Only 3.5µA of Quiescent Current
The LTC3624 is a high efficiency, 17V input capable synchronous buck regulator from Linear Technology that delivers up to 2A of continuous output current to outputs as low as 0.6V. Synchronous rectification delivers efficiencies as high as 95% while Burst Mode® operation requires only 3.5µA of no load quiescent current. The LTC3624 switches at a fixed 1MHz frequency, whereas the LTC3624-2 switches at 2.25MHz. Their constant frequency, current-mode architecture minimizes switching noise while offering very fast line and load transient response. The LTC3624/-2 operates from an input voltage range of 2.7V to 17V, making it ideal for single cell or multi-cell Li-Ion stack inputs as well as 12V intermediate bus-powered systems. The combination of its 3mm × 3mm DFN package, high switching frequency and tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors ensures a highly compact solution footprint.
The LTC3624/-2’s 60ns minimum on-time enables it to step-down 16V inputs to 2.5V with a 2.25MHz switching frequency (LTC3624-2) without pulse skipping, minimizing the size of external components thus offering a very compact, high efficiency 2A step-down solution. It’s 3.5µA quiescent current make it well suited for always-on applications demanding maximum battery run time. For applications requiring the lowest possible noise, the LTC3624/-2 can be configured to run in pulse-skipping or forced continuous mode, reducing noise and potential RF interference. Additional features include a power good voltage monitor, internal compensation and thermal protection.
The LTC3624EDD and LTC3624EDD-2 are available in a 3mm × 3mm DFN-8 package, priced at $2.95 each in 1,000-piece quantities. Industrial grade versions, the LTC3624IDD and the LTC3624IDD-2 are guaranteed to operate over the –40°C to 125°C operating junction temperature range, priced at $3.25 each in 1,000-piece quantities. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC3624.
Summary of Features: LTC3624/-2
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 17V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0.6V to VIN
- 95% Max Efficiency
- Low IQ < 3.5µA, Zero-Current Shutdown
- Constant Frequency Operation
- 1MHz: LTC3624
- 2.25MHz: LTC3624-2
- Low Dropout Operation with UltraLow IQ
- 2A Rated Output Current
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current-Mode Operation for Excellent Line & Load Transient Response
- Pulse-Skipping, Forced Continuous, Burst Mode® Operation
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Overtemperature Protection
- Compact 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
17V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator Requires Only 3.5µA of Quiescent Current
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson