Tiny Integrated Solution Powers RF Agile Radio Applications and FPGAs
Efficient, reliable PMU for complex integrated power solutions required by advanced software-defined radio and FPGA applicationsMar 4 2014 - Norwood, MA
Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, introduced today an integrated family of efficient power management ICs (integrated circuits) targeting compact, high density power solutions for RF agile radio and FPGA/processor-based (field-programmable gate array) applications.
The ADP505x family of power management ICs was designed as an integrated power solution for picocell and femtocell base stations, portable and handheld devices as well as most applications needing a compact, integrated power solution. Designed to support Analog Devices’ AD9361 RF Transceiver for software-defined radio (SDR) applications, it can also be used as an integrated power solution for many of Altera Corp.’s (NASDAQ: ALTR) and Xilinx Inc.’s (NASDAQ: XLNX) FPGA platforms. For more information about ADI integrated power management solutions and FPGAs: Integrated Power Solutions for Altera FPGAs and Integrated Power Solutions for Xilinx FPGAs.
- Order power management samples and download data sheets:
- Use the ADIsimPower design tool to produce complete power designs.
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community
The ADP505x combines multiple buck regulators and LDO (low-dropout regulator) into a single compact 48-LFCSP (7 mm x 7 mm) package resulting in a power density solution of up to 25 W power design in only 310 mm2 PCB area. It is an extremely versatile multi-output regulator with four buck switching regulators (4 A, 4 A, 1.2 A, 1.2 A) and one 200 mA LDO. The ADP5050 implements an I2C® interface that allows the input voltage to the device and the die temperature to be monitored, increasing the power solution’s overall reliability. Its integrated design allows a single IC to be designed into many different applications, reducing power supply design time.
The ADP5050/51/52/53 two-high current buck regulators are resistor programmable using an external resistor to allow the power supply designer to quickly trim the current limit to 4A, 2.5A or 1.2A. All four switching regulators operate over a wide input voltage range (4.5V to 15V) and are synchronized to a single clock with a wide programmable range (250kHz to 1.4MHz), which have programmable phase shifs (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°) on each buck regulator to reduce input ripple.Availability and Pricing
Status Price Each Per 1,000
Quad Buck + LDO + I2C
Quad Buck + POR/WDI + I2C
Quad Buck + LDO
Quad Buck + POR/WD
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
- To subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, visit: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue
Editor's Contact Information
- Joe Dussi