Triple 10A Step-Down µModule Regulator Delivers Full Output Current at Over 50°C Ambient, with No Airflow or External Heat Sink
Linear Technology has launched the LTM4633, a triple output 10A step-down µModule® (micromodule) regulator in a 15 × 15 × 5.01mm BGA package with integrated heat sink for enhanced heat dissipation. Combined with bypass capacitors and three resistors, the LTM4633 solution fits within 4.5cm2 on a dual-sided PCB. The LTM4633’s integrated heat sink (previously introduced in the dual 13A LTM4620A) enables each of the three outputs to deliver 10A at 1.8VOUT from 12VIN with 88% efficiency at 52°C ambient without any external heat sink or airflow. With an external heat sink and 200LFM airflow, the operating ambient temperature improves to 67°C. The LTM4633 includes the DC/DC controllers, power switches, inductors and compensation in a single package. The regulated output voltages are adjustable from 0.8V to 1.8V on two channels and from 0.8V to 5.5V on the third channel, with ±1.5% accuracy over line, load and temperature.
The LTM4633’s three switchers have separate input power pins and operate from input voltages between 4.7V to 16V. With the addition of an external bias supply above 4.5V, the minimum operating input voltage decreases to 2.375V. The three switchers, operating from the same internal or optional external clock signal, are internally phase shifted by 120° to minimize input ripple. For loads in excess of 10A, channels 1 and 2 can be paralleled to support up to 20A. Output overvoltage and overcurrent fault protections are included in the regulator. The LTM4633’s internal temperature can be observed via two internal temperature diode monitors located next to the power stages.
The LTM4633 is available with guaranteed performance over the –40°C to +125°C or –55°C to +125°C internal temperature range. The µModule regulator is available for immediate delivery from stock, priced starting at $35.95 each for 1,000 piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM4633.
Summary of Features: LTM4633
- Triple 16VIN, 10A DC/DC Step-Down Solution in Less than
- Only 10 Capacitors & Three Resistors Required for a Complete Solution
- 15 × 15 × 5.01mm BGA Package with Integrated Heat Sink
- All Three Outputs Deliver Up To 10A at 52°C Ambient with No Airflow or External Heat Sink
- 4.7V to 16V Operating VIN Range with Separate Inputs for Each
- As Low as 2.375VIN with External Bias Supply
- User Adjustable VOUT Between:
- Channel 1: 0.6V to 1.8V
- Channel 2: 0.6V to 1.8V
- Channel 3: 0.6V to 5.5V
- Channel 1 & Channel 2 Can Be Paralleled to Deliver up to 20A
Triple 10A DC/DC Step-Down µModule® Regulator in BGA with Integrated Heat Sink
- Triple 16VIN, 10A DC/DC Step-Down Solution in Less than 4.5cm²
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson