20A µModule Regulator with Guaranteed 1.5% Total VOUT Accuracy from –40°C to 125°C Is Housed in Low Profile LGA Package
Linear Technology Corporation introduces the LTM4637, a 20A DC/DC step-down µModule® (micromodule) regulator with onboard precision differential remote sense amplifier. This enables automatic correction of voltage errors caused by droop across PCB traces, which is valuable for powering loads such as FPGAs requiring high currents at low voltages. Total output DC voltage accuracy is guaranteed at ±1.5% from -40°C to 125°C. The LTM4637 includes the inductor, MOSFETs, DC/DC controller and compensation circuitry. It is housed in a low height (profile) 4.32mm LGA package with a 15mm × 15mm footprint. With a VIN range of 4.5V to 20V, the device’s operating efficiency is optimized for 5V and 12V input systems (88%, 12VIN, 1.8VOUT @ 20A). The output voltage can be set with one resistor from 0.6V to 5.5V. Four devices in parallel can deliver 80A of load current. Applications include industrial and medical equipment, and networking and telecom systems.
A main feature of the LTM4637 is its drop-in and pin compatibility with the LTM4627 15A output µModule regulator. Systems designers value pin compatibility since they can interchange these products without layout changes at any stage from development to production. Linear offers a series of pin-compatible µModule devices.
The LTM4637 features protection functions for overcurrent and overvoltage conditions. The internal temperature of the device can be monitored via an internal temperature sensing diode. The LTM4637 is rated for operation from
–40°C to 125°C. The 1000-piece price is $22.10 each. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM4637.
Summary of Features: LTM4637
- 20A Regulator System in a 15mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA Package
- Differential Remote Sense Amplifier for Precise Regulation
- ±1.5% VOUT DC Accuracy from -–0°C to 125°C
- Parallel 4 Devices for up to 80A Output Current
- Overvoltage & Current Protection
20A µModule Regulator in small 4.32mm Footprint Profile LGA Package
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson