60V, Synchronous Buck LED Driver Delivers Over 300W of LED Power
Linear Technology announces the LT3763, a synchronous buck LED driver controller that delivers over 300W of LED power. Its 6V to 60V input voltage range makes it ideal for a wide variety of applications, including automotive, industrial and architectural lighting. Similarly, its output voltage can be set from 0V to 55V, enabling it to drive a wide range of LEDs in a single string. The LT3763 offers both input and output current monitors and limiting, which accurately control both input and output current. Similarly, the LT3763 also offers accurate output voltage regulation as well as input regulation, useful for high impedance sources such as solar panels. Its constant current and constant voltage regulation makes it ideal for applications ranging from driving high brightness LEDs to battery and supercap charging. Additionally, True Color PWM™ dimming capability offers dimming ranges as wide as 3,000:1 for LED applications. The LT3763 is unique design utilizes four control loops to monitor input current, LED/output current, output and input voltage to deliver optimum performance and reliability.
The LT3763 uses two external switching MOSFETs and can deliver from 5W to over 300W of continuous LED power with efficiencies up to 96%. LED current accuracy of ±6% ensures constant lighting while ±1.5% output voltage accuracy offers several LED protection features and also enables the converter to operate as a constant voltage/constant current source for charging applications. The LT3763 can utilize either analog or PWM dimming as required by the application. Furthermore, its switching frequency can be programmed between 200kHz and 1MHz or synchronized to an external clock. Additional features include open/short protection, C/10 detection, input and output current monitors, and integrated fault protection.
The LT3763EFE is available in a 28-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package, priced starting at $4.45 each, in 1,000-piece quantities. An extended temperature version, or I grade, the LT3763IFE, is also available, priced starting at $4.90 each in 1,000-piece quantities. Furthermore, a high temperature version, or H grade, the LT3763HFE, is also available, priced starting at $5.15 each in 1,000-piece quantities. All versions are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3763.
Summary of Features: LT3763
- Accurately Control Input & Output Current
- 3,000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming
- ±1.5% Voltage Regulation Accuracy
- ±6% Current Regulation Accuracy
- 6V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- Wide Output Range Up to 55V
- Control Pin for Thermal Control of Load Current
- Input & Output Current Monitor & Limit
- Open, Short & C/10 Fault Detection
- PWM Driver Output for LED Applications
- Thermally Enhanced 28-Lead FE Package
60V Input Capable, Synchronous Buck LED Driver
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson