Instrumentation Amplifier Combines Power Efficiency, Zero-Drift Accuracy and Value for Portable Medical, Instrumentation and Consumer Devices
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today the AD8237 micro-power, zero-drift precision instrumentation amplifier, offering a power-efficient solution for precision signal and sensor conditioning at a competitive price. The AD8237 features a low input offset drift (< 0.3µV/ºC) and an industry leading input signal range that extends 300 mV beyond the supply rails. Combined with a maximum gain error and drift of 0.005% and 0.5 ppm/°C respectively, and CMRR (common-mode rejection ratio) of 114 dB, the device offers an unmatched level of precision measurement, even at low gain. With a low quiescent supply current of just over 100 µA, the amplifier is well suited for signal conditioning bridge, temperature and other similar sensors used in low-power designs. Target applications for the AD8237 include portable and battery-powered healthcare, consumer and precision instrumentation equipment such as infusion pumps, mobile blood pressure monitors, 4- to 20-mA sensors, gaming peripherals and consumer weigh scales.
The AD8237 operates off a single supply voltage of 1.8 V to 5.5 V and ships in a compact MSOP-8 package. The gain (1 to 1000) is set by the ratio of two external resistors, which combined with industry leading gain error performance, provides superior gain accuracy over temperature.
AD8237 Micro-power, Zero-Drift Instrumentation Amplifier Key Features:
- Gain Range: 1 to 1000
- CMRR: 114 dB
- DC Precision
- Input offset voltage: 75 µV
- Offset drift: 0.3 µV/°C
- Supply Current: 115 µA
- Supply Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Bandwidth (G=100): 10 kHz
- Gain Error: 0.005%
- Gain Drift: 0.5ppm/°C
- Input Voltage Noise: 1.5 uVp-p
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
Product Sample Availability Temperature Range Price Each Per 1,000 Packaging AD8237 Now -40°C to 125°C $0.93 8-lead MSOP
The AD8237 operates well in a system with a variety of SAR A/D converters such as the AD7988-1 ultralow power 16-bit SAR converter.
- Watch a video to learn more about AD8237
- Order samples and download data sheet: AD8237
- For additional support, connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community
- Find other featured products for instrumentation and measurement applications
- About Analog Devices
- Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index.
Editor's Contact Information
- Sarah Shieh