DC/DC Controllers Generate Positive or Negative Regulated Voltage & Feature –55ºC to 150ºC Maximum Junction Temperature
Linear Technology Corporation announces the H- and MP-grade versions of the LT3757 and LT3758 wide input range DC/DC controllers for boost, flyback, SEPIC and inverting power supply applications. These devices are capable of generating either a positive or negative regulated output voltage with a single device by having two internal voltage feedback error amplifiers and reference voltages. These H- and MP-grade versions are tested and guaranteed to operating junction temperature ranges from –40ºC to 150ºC and –55ºC to 125ºC, respectively.
The LT3757 operates with an input voltage ranging from 2.9V to 40V and the LT3758 operates over a 5.5V to 100V input voltage range. The devices achieve efficiencies up to 96%, making them well suited for industrial, automotive, military, medical and telecom applications. With a programmable fixed or synchronizable operating frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz, designers can choose a wide range of inductors and capacitors to optimize size, performance and cost. The fixed frequency, current mode control results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages, along with all ceramic capacitor designs, enabling a smaller solution size. Additional features include programmable soft-start, input undervoltage lockout, output overvoltage and overcurrent protection.
Both grades are available in the thermally enhanced MSOP-10 package. The 1000-piece price starts at $2.56 each for the H-grade devices and $5.98 each for the MP-grade parts. For more information, visit www.linear.com.
Summary Features LT3757/LT3758
- For Boost, Flyback, SEPIC & Inverting Applications
- LT3757 Input Operating Voltage: 2.9V to 40V
- LT3758 Input Operating Voltage: 5.5V to 100V
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Setting with a Single Feedback Pin
- Selectable Fixed 100kHz to 1MHz Operating Frequency
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Integrated Low-Side Driver
- True Current Mode Control
- Low Shutdown Current < 1µA
- Output Overvoltage & Overcurrent Protection
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- H-Grade: –40ºC to 150ºC Operating Junction Temperature
- MP-Grade: –55ºC to 125ºC Operating Junction Temperature
–55ºC to 150ºC Operating Temperature Boost, Multitopology Controller
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson