3uA IQ 20mA LDO in 2mm × 2mm DFN & SC-70
Linear Technology Corporation announces the LT3009, a micropower LDO with ultra-low quiescent current of just 3uA. The LT3009 features a low dropout voltage of only 280mV and delivers up to 20mA of output current, with wide VIN capability of 1.6V to 20V and an adjustable output from 0.6V to 19.5V. Output tolerance is tightly regulated to within ±2% over line, load and temperature. The device's ultra-low quiescent and shutdown (<1uA) currents make it an excellent choice for applications requiring moderate output drive capability coupled with ultra-low standby power consumption, such as remote monitoring and low-current battery-powered memory for “keep alive” systems that require extended run times.
The LT3009 regulator optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR, ceramic output capacitors as small as 1uF. These tiny external capacitors can be used without any necessary series resistance as is common with many other regulators. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, reverse output and reverse output-to-input protection, current limiting, and thermal limiting.
The LT3009EDC is housed in the low profile (0.75mm) 6-lead DFN (2mm × 2mm) package, while the LT3009ESC8 is offered in the 8-lead SC-70 package. 1,000-piece pricing starts at $0.95 for each.
Summary of Features: LT3009
- Ultra-Low Quiescent Current: 3uA (Typ)
- VIN Range: 1.6V to 20V
- Adjustable VOUT: 0.6V to 19.5V
- Output Tolerance: ±2% Over Line, Load & Temperature
- Low Dropout Voltage: 280mV Typical at 20mA Load
- Output Current: 20mA
- Stable with Low-ESR, Ceramic Output Capacitors (1uF minimum)
- Shutdown Current: <1uA
- Reverse-Battery, Reverse Output and Reverse Output-to-Input Protection
- Thermal Limit and Current Limit Protection
- 6-Pin DFN (2mm × 2mm × 0.75mm) Package
- 8-Pin SC-70 Package
3uA IQ, 20mA, Wide VIN & VOUT LDO
Editor's Contact Information
- Doug Dickinson