The ADV7121/ADV7122 (ADV®) is a video speed, digital-to-analog converter on a single monolithic chip. The part is specifically designed for high resolution color graphics and video systems including high definition television (HDTV). It is also ideal for any application requiring a low cost, high speed DAC function especially in communications. It consists of three, high speed, 10-bit, video D/A converters (RGB), a standard TTL input interface and high impedance, analog output, current sources.
The ADV7121/ADV7122 has three separate, 10-bit, pixel input ports, one each for red, green and blue video data. A single +5 V power supply, an external 1.23 V reference and pixel clock input is all that is required to make the part operational. The ADV7122 has additional video control signals, composite SYNC and BLANK.
The ADV7121/ADV7122 is capable of generating RGB video output signals which are compatible with RS-343A, RS-170 and most proposed production system HDTV video standards, including SMPTE 240M.
The ADV7121/ADV7122 is fabricated in a +5 V CMOS process. Its monolithic CMOS construction ensures greater functionality with low power dissipation. The ADV7121 is packaged in a 0.6", 40-pin plastic DIP package. The ADV7122 is packaged in a 44-pin plastic leaded (J-lead) chip carrier, PLCC, and 48-lead thin quad flatpack (TQFP).
- Fast video refresh rate, 80 MHz.
- Guaranteed monotonic to 10 bits. Ten bits of resolution allows for implementation of linearization functions such as gamma correction and contrast enhancement.
- Compatible with a wide variety of high resolution color graphics systems including RS-343A/RS-170 and the proposed SMPTE 240M standard for HDTV.
- High Definition Television (HDTV)
- High Resolution Color Graphics
- CAE/CAD/CAM Applications
- Image Processing
- Video Signal Reconstruction
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS)
- I/Q Modulation