CMOS 1.8 V to 5.5 V, 2.5 Ω 2:1 Mux/SPDT Switch in SC70 Package
The ADG749 is a monolithic CMOS SPDT switch. This switch is designed on a submicron process that provides low power dissipation yet gives high switching speed, low on resistance, and low leakage currents.
The ADG749 can operate from a single-supply range of 1.8 V to 5.5 V, making it ideal for use in battery-powered instruments and with the new generation of DACs and ADCs from Analog Devices, Inc.
Each switch of the ADG749 conducts equally well in both directions when on. The ADG749 exhibits break-before-make switching action.<.p>
Because of the advanced submicron process, −3 dB bandwidths of greater than 200 MHz can be achieved.
The ADG749 is available in a 6-lead SC70 package.
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single-Supply Operation. The ADG749 offers high performance, including low on resistance and fast switching times, and is fully specified and guaranteed with 3 V and 5 V supply rails.
- Very Low RON (5 Ω Maximum at 5 V and 10 Ω Maximum at 3 V). At 1.8 V operation, RON is typically 40 Ω over the temperature range.
- Automotive Temperature Range: −40°C to +125°C.
- On Resistance Flatness (RFLAT(ON)) (0.75 Ω typical).
- −3 dB Bandwidth > 200 MHz.
- Low Power Dissipation. CMOS construction ensures low power dissipation.
- Fast tON/tOFF.
- Tiny, 6-lead SC70 Package.
- Battery-powered systems
- Communication systems
- Sample-and-hold systems
- Audio signal routing
- Video switching
- Mechanical reed relay replacement
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide
Switches and Multiplexers Product Selection Guide
Data-acquisition system uses fault protection
By Catherine Redmond, Analog Devices, Inc. (EDN, 4/15/2004)
Temperature monitor measures three thermal zones
by Susan Pratt, Analog Devices, Inc. (EDN, 12/11/03)
Enhanced Multiplexing for MEMS Optical Cross Connects
by James Caffrey (Fiberoptic Product News, 8/2003)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.