Features and Benefits
- Floating Top Driver Switches Up to 60V
- Internal Boost Regulator for DC Operation
- 180ns Transition Times Driving 10,000pF
- Adaptive Nonoverlapping Gate Drives Prevent Shoot-Through
- Drives Gate of Top N-Channel MOSFET Above Supply
- Top Drive Maintained at High Duty Cycles
- TTL/CMOS Input Levels
- Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Operates at Supply Voltages from 10V to 15V
- Separate Top and Bottom Drive Pins
The LT1336 is a cost effective half-bridge N-channel power MOSFET driver. The floating driver can drive the topside N-channel power MOSFETs operating off a high voltage (HV) rail of up to 60V (absolute maximum). In PWM operation an on-chip switching regulator maintains charge in the bootstrap capacitor even when approaching and operating at 100% duty cycle.
The internal logic prevents the inputs from turning on the power MOSFETs in a half-bridge at the same time. Its unique adaptive protection against shoot-through currents eliminates all matching requirements for the two MOSFETs. This greatly eases the design of high efficiency motor control and switching regulator systems.
During low supply or start-up conditions, the undervoltage lockout actively pulls the driver outputs low to prevent the power MOSFETs from being partially turned on. The 0.5V hysteresis allows reliable operation even with slowly varying supplies.
- PWM of High Current Inductive Loads
- Half-Bridge and Full-Bridge Motor Control
- Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulators
- 3-Phase Brushless Motor Drive
- High Current Transducer Drivers
- Class D Power Amplifiers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.