Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- Up to 150 mW output power
- Quad dc to 150 Mbps signal isolation channels
- 24-lead SSOP package with 5.3 mm minimum creepage
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/μs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition (pending)
– 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
– DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
– VIORM = 565 V peak
- UL recognition (pending)
The ADuM5410/ADuM5411/ADuM5412 are quad-channel digital isolators with isoPower®, integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converters. Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the dc-to-dc converters provide regulated, isolated power that is adjustable between 3.15 V and 5.25 V.
The ADuM5410/ADuM5411/ADuM5412 eliminate the need for a separate, isolated dc-to-dc converter in low power, isolated designs. The iCoupler chip scale transformer technology is used for isolated logic signals and for the magnetic components of the dc-to-dc converters. The result is a small form factor, total isolation solution.
The ADuM5410/ADuM5411/ADuM5412 isolators provide four independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates (see the Ordering Guide for more information).
- RS-232 transceivers
- Power supply startup bias and gate drives
- Isolated sensor interfaces
- Industrial PLCs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADuM5411EBZ supports quad-channel iCoupler® data isolators, including the ADuM5410/ADuM5411/ADuM5412 and ADuM6410/ADuM6411/ADuM6412, with an isoPower integrated dc-to-dc converter in 24-lead SSOP packages. The EVAL-ADuM5411EBZ supports signal distribution, loopback, and loads referenced to the power and ground planes. The evaluation board also has EMI evaluation and bypass and bulk capacitors. Signal sources can be conducted to the board through header pins or through edge mounted SMA connectors (SMA connectors must be ordered separately). Screw terminal blocks on the evaluation board provide power connections. The board includes 0.2 inch header positions for compatibility with active probes (probe header pins must be ordered separately).
The evaluation board follows best PCB design practices for 4-layer boards, including a full power plane and ground plane on each side of the isolation barrier. No other EMI or noise mitigation design features are included on the evaluation board. In cases of high speed operation, or when ultralow emissions are required, refer to the AN-1349 Application Note, AN-1109 Application Note, and AN-0971 Application Note for additional evaluation board layout techniques.
The EVAL-ADuM5411EBZ is supplied with the ADuM5411 installed. Other supported iCoupler digital isolators with an integrated dc-to-dc converters must be ordered separately to use with the EVAL-ADuM5411UEBZ, including the ADuM5410, ADuM5412, ADuM6410, ADuM6411, and ADuM6412.
Complete specifications for the ADuM5410/ADuM5411/ ADuM5412 and the ADuM6410/ADuM6411/ADuM6412 are available in the ADuM5410/ADuM5411/ADuM5412 data sheet and ADuM6410/ADuM6411/ADuM6412 data sheet, respectively, available from Analog Devices, Inc., and should be consulted in conjunction with this data sheet when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Access to 4 data channels and data output enable control pins
- Easily configurable isoPower dc-to-dc converter controls
- Split primary and secondary power planes for independent operation of data channels and isoPower integrated dc-to-dc converters
- Multiple connection options for data and power
- Support for printed circuit board (PCB) edge mounted coaxial connectors
- Support for active probes
- Layout for electromagnetic interference (EMI) evaluation
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.