Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V analog and digital core supply voltage
- Serial data link with reduced range LVDS outputs
- Correlated double sampler (CDS) with −3, 0, +3, +6 dB gain
- 6 dB to 42 dB, 10-bit variable gain amplifier (VGA)
- 14-bit, 65 MHz A/D converter
- Black level clamp with variable level control
- Complete on-chip timing generator
- Precision Timing core with 240 ps resolution @ 65 MHz
- On-chip 3 V horizontal and RG drivers
- 6 mm × 6 mm, 84-ball CSP_BGA package
Product DetailsThe AD9977 is a highly integrated dual channel CCD signal processor for high speed digital video camera applications. Each channel is specified at pixel rates of up to 65 MHz, and consists of a complete analog front end with A/D conversion combined with a programmable timing driver. The Precision Timing core allows adjustment of high speed clocks with 240 ps resolution at 65 MHz operation. The AD9977 also contains a reduced range LVDS interface for the dual-channel data outputs.
Each analog front end includes black level clamping, CDS, VGA, and a 65 MSPS, 14-bit A/D converter. The timing driver provides the high speed CCD clock drivers for RG, HL, and H1 to H4. Operation is programmed using a 3-wire serial interface.
Packaged in a space-saving 6 mm × 6 mm, 84-ball CSP_BGA package, the AD9977 is specified over an operating temperature range of −25°C to +85°C.Applications
- Professional HDTV camcorders
- Professional, high-end digital cameras
- Broadcast cameras
- Industrial high speed cameras
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.