Features and Benefits
- 5.0 V Stereo Audio ADC with 3.3 V Tolerant Digial Interface
- Supports 96 kHz Sample Rates
- Supports 16-/20-/24-bit Word Lengths
- Multibit Sigma-Delta Modulators with "Perfect Differential Linearity Restoration" for Reduced Idle Tones and Noise Floor
- 105 dB (Typ) Dynamic Range
- Supports 256/512 and 768 x fS Master Clocks
- Device Control via SPI Compatible Serial Port or Optional Control Pins
- Flexible Serial Data Port allows
Right-Justified, Left-Justified, I2S
Compatible and DSP Serial Port
Modes Cascadable (up to Four
Devices) from a Single DSP
- On-Chip Reference
- 28-Lead SSOP Package
The AD1871 is a stereo audio ADC intended for digital audio applications requiring high performance analog-to-digital conversion. It features two 24-bit conversion channels each with programmable gain amplifier (PGA), multi-bit sigma-delta modulator and decimation filters. Each channel provides 97 dB of THD+N and 107 db of Dynamic Range making the AD1871 suitable for applications such as Digital Audio Recorders and Mixing Consoles.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The Analog Devices USBi “USB Interface” (EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ) board is the interface between your PC's USB port and SigmaDSP hardware's data input pins. This interface can be used with any evaluation board which includes an External SPI/I²C header (Aardvark Header). The EVAL-ADUSB2EBZ board is capable of both SPI and I²C communication (which is user selectable) and can supply IOVDD of either 3.3V or 1.8V.The USBi interface is powered from the computer's USB port.
To Install the USBi Board:
- Connect the USB cable to the USBi Board a spare USB port on your PC.
- The Windows “Found New Hardware Wizard” will launch.
- Choose “Install from a list or a specific location” and click “Next”.
- Select “Search for the best driver in these locations” and Check the box for “Include this location in the search.”
- Press the “Browse” button and locate the appropriate driver file in the SigmaStudio application folder (default folder is C:\Program Files\Analog Devices Inc\Sigma Studio\USB drivers): Select the CyUSB.inf file.
- Click “Continue Anyway” if you're prompted with “This software has not passed Windows Logo testing.”
To communication between SigmaStudio and the USBi board, a communication channel block must be added to the Schematic design. To locate the block, select the Hardware Configuration Tab, int the ToolBox or Tree ToolBox window choose the “Communication Channels” category, and select the USBi block.
This block provides connections for multiple processors (ICs / DSPs), allowing you to use multiple processors in a single design. This block allows you to explicitly specify both the communication protocol (SPI or I²C) and the part's address, I²C address or SPI clatch line. The DSP hardware's address must match the block's selected address for communication to function properly. See the parts data sheet for more information about addressing (e.g. ADR_SEL, ADDR0, or ADDR1 pins). The default USBi protocol is I²C, to enable SPI, you must first select an SPI address in the block's drop down menu and then perform three write operations (e.g. press the write button the Register Read/Write Window 3 times). The USBi hardware has LEDs which indicate the current mode, I²C or SPI.
Features & Benefits
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.