12-Bit R/D Converter with Reference Oscillator
The AD2S1205 is a complete 12-bit resolution tracking resolver-to-digital converter that contains an on-board programmable sinusoidal oscillator providing sine wave excitation for resolvers.
The converter accepts 3.15 V p-p ± 27% input signals on the Sin and Cos inputs. A Type II tracking loop is employed to track the inputs and convert the input Sin and Cos information into a digital representation of the input angle and velocity. The maximum tracking rate is a function of the external clock frequency. The performance of the AD2S105 is specified across a frequency range of 8.192 MHz ± 25%, allowing a maximum tracking rate of 1250 rps.
- Ratiometric Tracking Conversion. The Type II tracking loop provides continuous output position data without conversion delay. It also provides noise immunity and tolerance of harmonic distortion on the reference and input signals.
- System Fault Detection. A fault detection circuit can sense loss of resolver signals, out-of-range input signals, input signal mismatch, or loss of position tracking.
- Input Signal Range. The Sin and Cos inputs can accept differential input voltages of 3.15 V p-p ± 27%.
- Programmable Excitation Frequency. Excitation frequency is easily programmable to 10 kHz, 12 kHz, 15 kHz, or 20 kHz by using the frequency select pins (the FS1 and FS2 pins).
- Triple Format Position Data. Absolute 12-bit angular position data is accessed via either a 12-bit parallel port or a 3-wire serial interface. Incremental encoder emulation is in standard A-quad-B format with direction output available.
- Digital Velocity Output. 12-bit signed digital velocity accessed via either a 12-bit parallel port or a 3-wire serial interface.
Data Sheet, Rev. 0, 1/07
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Precision Resolver-to-Digital Converter Measures Angular Position and Velocity
By Jakub Szymczak, Shane O’Meara, Johnny S. Gealon, and Christopher Nelson De La Rama.
Analog Dialogue, Volume 48 –...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.