Features and Benefits
- Automatically Senses Sample Frequencies
- No Programming Required
- Attenuates Sample Clock Jitter
- 3.3 V–5 V Input and 3.3 V Core Supply Voltages
- Accepts 16-/18-/20-/24-Bit Data
- Up to 192 kHz Sample Rate
- Input/Output Sample Ratios from 7.75:1 to 1:8
- Bypass Mode
- Multiple AD1896 TDM Daisy-Chain Mode
- Multiple AD1896 Matched-Phase Mode
- 142 dB Signal-to-Noise and Dynamic Range (A-Weighted, 20 Hz–20 kHz BW)
- Up to –133 dB THD + N
The AD1896 is a sample rate converter; it is second generation and 24-bit, high-performance, single-chip, and asynchronous. Based upon Analog Devices experience with its first asynchronous sample rate converter, the AD1890, the AD1896 offers improved performance and additional features.
This improved performance includes a minimum THD+N of 117dB for all input frequencies and sample rates, 142 dB dynamic range, 192 kHz sampling frequencies for both input and output sample rates, improved jitter rejection and 1:8 up-sampling and 7.75:1 down-sampling ratios. Additional features include more serial formats, a TDM mode to cascade multiple AD1896, a bypass mode, better interfacing to digital signal processors and a matched phase mode.
Please look at: "Why do I need a 140 dB DNR".
- Home Theater Systems
- Studio Digital Mixers
- Automotive Audio Systems
- Set-Top Boxes
- Digital Audio Effects Processors
- Studio-to-Transmitter Links
- Digital Audio Broadcast Equipment
- Digital Tape Varispeed Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.