Technical Articles (8)
- Creepage Requirements for Medical Applications (pdf, 588 kB)
High Speed Digital Isolators Using Microscale On-Chip Transformers
(pdf, 2717 kB)
By Baoxing Chen, John Wynne, and Ronn Kliger
iCoupler® Products with isoPower™ Technology: Signal and Power Transfer Across Isolation Barrier Using Microtransformers
(pdf, 1306 kB)
By Baoxing Chen
Inside iCoupler® Technology:ADuM347x PWM Controller and Transformer Driver with Quad-Channel Isolators Design Summary
(pdf, 291 kB)
By Flow Zhao, Design Engineer
Isolation in Medical Applications
by Rich Ghiorse and Steve Ranta, Analog Devices, Inc. (Power Electronics-Europe, 7/2005)
Medical Devices Demand Stringent Isolation Techniques
Micro-Transformers Provide Signal and Power Isolation for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
(pdf, 234 kB)
By Baoxing Chen, Sr. Staff Engineer, Analog Devices, Inc.
NAppkin Note: Lowering the Power of the ADuM524x
(pdf, 223 kB)
By Mark Cantrell, Senior Applications Engineer
Data Sheets (2)
- Are iCoupler products Pb-free?
- Can I replace an optocoupler with an iCoupler product in an existing design?
- Do iCoupler products have VDE certification for reinforced insulation?
- How do I learn about new iCoupler products?
- How is isolation specified?
- How much isolation can iCoupler products provide?
- What are common applications that use isolation?
- What are optocouplers? What is optical isolation?
- What are some of the distinguishing features of the iCoupler products?
- What are the benefits of iCoupler technology?
- What are the different types of iCoupler products?
- What are transient immunity and common-mode rejection?
- What communications protocols are supported by iCoupler products?
- What is capacitive isolation?
- What is iCoupler technology?
- What is isolation rating?
- What is isolation? Why is it needed?
- What is the difference between basic and double (or reinforced) insulation levels?
- What is the relationship between working voltage and isolation rating?
- What other parameters are important when considering an isolation device?
- What regulatory standards address isolation products?
- What types of technologies have been used to provide isolation?
- With which regulatory standards do iCoupler products comply?
2008 Medical Solution Profile
(pdf, 126 kB)
High Performance ICs for Medical Imaging, Patient Monitoring, and Instrumentation
ADuM125x/ADuM225x Dual-Channel, Hot-Swappable, I2C® Bidirectional Digital Isolators with up to 5 kV Isolation
(pdf, 1493 kB)
The ADuM125x/ADuM225x are dual-channel bi-directional I2C digital isolators that are hot-swappable and capable of data rates up to 1MHz.
ADuM130x/ADuM140x Triple/Quad Digital Isolators
(pdf, 126 kB)
The ADuM130x/ADuM140x family of triple-/quad-channel isolators eliminates the need for multiple optocouplers and their accompanying external discrete components.
ADuM2400/ADuM2401/ADuM2402 Quad-Channel Digital Isolators
(pdf, 184 kB)
The ADuM240x family of quad-channel isolators provides 5kV isolation and eliminates the need for multiple optocouplers and their accompanying external discrete components.
- Agilent/NVE GMR Isolators−Performance Comparison to Analog Devices iCoupler (pdf, 378 kB)
- iCoupler Digital Isolators Qualified for Automotive Applications
- iCoupler Isolation Provides Size, Cost, and Thermal Improvements Relative to Optocouplers (pdf, 67 kB)
ICs for Programmable Logic Control and Distributed Control Systems
(pdf, 976 kB)
Analog Devices leadership in industrial IC technology, with the development of the iCMOS™ and iPolar™ processes, has uniquely defined high voltage and low voltage integration to deliver smaller, higher performance, and more cost effective ICs for industrial systems.
- isoPower® - Isolated dc-to-dc Power in the smallest Package
- Leading Inside Advertorials: Data and Power Isolation in One Package Provides Total Isolation Solution (pdf, 77 kB)
Press Releases (1)
Product Reviews (2)
ADuM1300/01/1400/01/02: Multi-Channel Digital Isolators for High-Voltage Industrial Applications
... New iCoupler devices reduce per-channel costs and offer superior alternative to optocoupler solutions. (analogZONE, powerZONE Products for the week of May 26, 2003)
EE Times Names ACE Finalists
(EE Times, 1/15/2007)
Product Selection Guide (2)
User Guides (1)