- Signal and power isolated ADM3053 CAN transceiver with isoPower integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter
- PCB layout optimized for low radiated emissions; passes EN55022 Class B (certification available)
- Standard 4-layer PCB solution for radiated emissions
- Screw terminal connectors for prototyping
- Logic signals RXD and TXD
- Power supply VCC and VIO
- Bus signals CANH and CANL
- PCB ground GND1 and GND2
- SMA connectors for TXD and RXD
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V on ADM3053 VCC pin
- 5 V or 3.3 V operation on VIO
- Test points for logic signals, power supplies, grounds, and
- On-board 30 Ω + 30 Ω termination resistors to simulate full bus load (60 Ω)
The EVAL-ADM3053EBZ allows for the simple evaluation of the ADM3053 signal and power isolated controller area network (CAN) transceivers. The evaluation board allows all of the input and output functions to be exercised without the need for external components.
The EVAL-ADM3053EBZ device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator, a CAN transceiver, and an Analog Devices isoPower® dc-to-dc converter into a single small outline IC (SOIC) surface-mount package. An on-chip oscillator outputs a pair of square waveforms that drive an internal transformer to provide isolated power. The device is powered by a single 5 V supply, realizing a fully isolated CAN solution.
The ADM3053 contains isoPower technology that uses high frequency switching elements to transfer power through the transformer. For layout guidelines, see the AN-0971 Application Note.
For full details, see the ADM3053 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with UG-234 when using the evaluation board.