- Self-contained board including synthesizer, VCO, 10 MHz TCXO reference, USB interface, voltage regulators, and loop filter (5.8 GHz)
- Designed for 10 MHz PFD frequency, minimum charge pump current, and 20 kHz loop bandwidth
- Accompanying software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC (via USB interface)
- Battery operated: choice of 3 V or 5 V supplies
The EVAL-ADF4158EB1Z evaluates the performance of the ADF4158 frequency synthesizer for phase locked loops (PLL). The board contains the ADF4158 synthesizer, a PC connector, SMA connectors for the power supplies, and an RF output. There is also a low pass loop filter (20 kHz) and a VCO (Z Communications, Inc., VCO940ME03 5.8 GHz) on board. The evaluation board is set up for a 10 MHz PFD comparison frequency. An on-board TCXO provides the 10 MHz reference frequency. A USB cable is included with the board to connect to a PC USB port.
The package also contains Windows® software (XP, Vista, and 7 compatible) to allow easy programming of the synthesizer.
- ADF4158 Evaluation Board (EVAL-ADF4158EB1Z)