- ADSP-21593 Dual-SHARC+ Audio Processor (Pin-Compatible with ADSP-21569)
- 8 Gb DDR3 (800 MHz) Memory
- 512 Mb Quad SPI Flash Memory
- Power Solution Based on LT Components
- FTDI USB-to-UART
- USB C Power Delivery
- Debug Interface (JTAG)
- SOM Interface Connector
- CCES Kit License
The EV-21593-SOM enables evaluation and rapid prototyping of designs featuring the ADSP-2159x Family (ADSP-21591/ADSP-21593) of SHARC audio processors. It provides an easy-to-use plug-n-play reference design with expansion capabilities to interface to custom hardware ahead of the release of the processor itself. When the EV-21593-SOM board is plugged into the EV-SOMCRR-EZKIT carrier board, the resulting EZ-KIT® evaluation system (EV-21593-EZKIT) can be used for fast and easy evaluation of the processor core and system peripherals/interfaces.
The EV-21593-SOM enables rapid prototyping for a wide range of applications, including immersive 3D sound and personal audio zones (PAZ), automotive active and road noise cancellation (ANC/RNC), voice-based user-interfaces and in-car communications (ICC), engine sound synthesis (ESS) and electric vehicle warning sound systems (EVWSS/AVAS). Additional applications include professional audio and soundbars / home AVRs (with 3D Object and Multi-Channel Audio) and enhanced conferencing systems. ADI offers several software modules (e.g., AEC/NR, microphone beamforming, pitch shifting, harmonic generators, wave players etc.), as well as complete software solutions that can be licensed, where users can develop/evaluate their audio and voice processing applications. ADI also offers 3rd party surround sound solutions that can be licensed on ADI’s SHARC processor families. Please visit ADI’s Software Solutions page for more information.
The EV-21593-SOM module utilizes the CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) development tools to enable developers to achieve faster time to market. The development environment aids advanced application code development and debug, such as:
- Create, compile, assemble, and link application programs written in C++, C, and assembly
- Load, run, step, halt, and set breakpoints in application programs
- Read and write data and program memory
- Read and write core and peripheral registers
Verify that your PC has these minimum requirements for the CCES installation:
- 2 GHz single core processor; 3.3GHz dual core or better recommended
- 4 GB RAM; 8GB or more recommended
- 3 GB available disk space
- An available USB port
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio 2.10.0 or later
Note: Please see the CrossCore® Embedded Studio Release Notes for the latest information about System Requirements.