Features and Benefits
- Ideal for Safety Camera Applications
- Works with Low-Cost 50Ω Coax (100Ω STP) Cables
- Error Detection of Video/Control Data
- High-Immunity Mode for Robust Control-Channel EMC Tolerance
- Retransmission of Control Data Upon Error Detection
- Best-in-Class Supply Current: 88mA (max)
- Pre/Deemphasis Allows 15m Cable at Full Speed
- 24-Pin (4mm × 4mm) TQFN Package with 0.5mm Lead Pitch
- High-Speed Data Serialization for Megapixel Cameras
- Up to 1.74Gbps Serial-Bit Rate
- 12.5MHz to 87MHz × 14 Bit + H/V Data
- Multiple Modes for System Flexibility
- 9.6kbps to 1Mbps Control Channel in I2C Mode (with Clock Stretch)
- Crosspoint Switch Accepts Any Input Bitmap
- Modes for Encoded VSYNC and HSYNC
- Reduces EMI and Shielding Requirements
- Programmable Output Spread Spectrum
- Tracks Spread Spectrum Applied at the Parallel Input
- 1.7V to 1.9V I/O Supply
- Peripheral Features for Camera Power-Up and Verification
- Built-In PRBS Generator for BER Testing
- Dedicated GPO for Camera Frame-Sync Trigger and Other Uses
- Remote/Local Wake-Up from Sleep Mode
- Meets AEC-Q100 Automotive Specification
- -40°C to +115°C Operating Temperature
- >±8kV Contact and >±15kV Air IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 ESD Protection
The MAX96701 is a compact serializer in a 4mm x 4mm TQFN package especially suited for automotive camera applications. In high-bandwidth mode, the parallel-clock maximum is 116MHz for 12-bit linear or combined HDR data types.
The embedded control channel operates at 9.6kbps to 1Mbps in I2C mode, allowing programming of serializer, deserializer (SerDes), and camera registers independent of video timing.
For driving longer cables, the IC has programmable pre/deemphasis. Programmable spread spectrum is available on the serial output. The serial output meets ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD standards. The supply range is 1.7V to 1.9V.
The MAX96701 is available in a 24-pin TQFN package with 0.5mm lead pitch, and operates over the -40°C to +115°C temperature range.
- Automotive Camera Applications
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX96701 coax evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX96701 high-bandwidth gigabit multimedia serial link (GMSL) serializer with spread spectrum and full-duplex control channel, through the use of a standard FAKRA coax or STP cable. The EV kit also includes Windows Vista®- and Windows® 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising features of the device.
For complete GMSL evaluation using a standard FAKRA coax cable, order the MAX96701 EV kit and a companion deserializer board (the MAX96700 EV kit is referenced in this document). For testing with STP cable, also order the MAXCOAX2STP-HSD adapter kit and refer to its data sheet. Only one adapter kit is required per link (connecting the serializer and deserializer boards).
Note: In the following sections, MAX96701 and the term “serializer” refer to the MAX96701 IC and MAX96700 and the term “deserializer” refer to the MAX96700 IC.
Note: This document applies to both coax and STP EV kits. This document covers coax cable links, but the information provided applies equally to STP cable links.
- Automotive Camera Applications
Features & Benefits
- Accepts 14-Bit Parallel Input Data and Outputs GMSL Serial Data through FAKRA Connectors
- Power-over-Coax Capable
- Windows Vista- and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- USB-Controlled Interface (Cable Included)
- USB Powered
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.