Features and Benefits
- Ideal for Safety Camera Applications
- Works with Low-Cost 50Ω Coax (100Ω STP) Cables
- Error Detection of Video/Control Data
- High-Immunity Mode for Robust Control-Channel EMC Tolerance
- Retransmission of Control Data Upon Error
- Best-in-Class Supply Current: 190mA (max)
- Adaptive Equalization for 15m Cable at Full Speed
- 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) TQFN Package
- Horizontal- and Vertical-Sync Encoding and Tracking
- High-Speed Deserialization for Megapixel Cameras
- Up to 1.74Gbps Serial-Bit Rate
- 6.25MHz to 87MHz ×12-Bit + H/V Data
- 36.66MHz to 116MHz ×12-Bit + H/V Data (through Internal Encoding)
- Multiple Modes for System Flexibility
- 9.6kbps to 1Mbps Control Channel in UART, I2C (with Clock Stretch), or UART-to-I2C Modes
- 2:1 Input Mux for Camera Selection
- 15 Hardware-Selectable I2C-Device Addresses
- Pairs with Any Maxim GMSL Serializer
- Crosspoint Switch Maps Data to any Output
- Reduces EMI and Shielding Requirements
- Spread-Spectrum Serial-Input Tracking and Transfer to the Parallel Output
- 1.7V to 1.9V Core and 1.7V to 3.6V I/O Supply
- Peripheral Features for System Verification
- Built-In PRBS Receiver for BER Testing
- Eye-Width Monitor Allows In-System Test of High-Speed Serial Link
- Dedicated “Up/Down” GPI for Camera Frame Sync Trigger and Other Uses
- Meets AEC-Q100 Automotive Specification
- -40°C to +115°C Operating Temperature Range
- ±8kV Contact and ±15kV Air IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 ESD Protection
The MAX96700 is a compact deserializer especially suited for automotive camera applications. Features include adaptive equalization and an output crosspoint switch. An embedded control channel operates at 9.6kbps to 1Mbps in UART, I2C, and mixed UART/I2C modes, allowing programming of serializer, deserializer (SerDes), and camera registers, independent of video timing.
The deserializer can track data from a spread-spectrum serial input. The serial input meets ISO 10605 and IEC 61000-4-2 ESD standards. The core supply range is 1.7V to 1.9V and the I/O supply range is 1.7V to 3.6V. The device is available in a 32-pin (5mm × 5mm) TQFN package with 0.5mm lead pitch, and operates over the -40°C to +115°C temperature range.
- Automotive Camera Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX96700 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX96700 high-bandwidth gigabit multimedia serial link (GMSL) deserializers with spread spectrum and full-duplex control channel, through the use of a standard FAKRA coax or STP cable. The EV kit also includes Windows Vista®- and Windows 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising features of the device.
For complete GMSL evaluation, using a standard FAKRA coaxial cable, order the MAX96700 EV kit and a companion serializer board (e.g., the MAX96701 EV kit, referenced in this document). For testing with STP cable, also order the MAXCOAX2STP-HSD adapter kit and refer to its data sheet. Only one adapter kit is required per link (connecting the serializer and deserializer boards).
Note: In the following sections, MAX96700 and the term “deserializer” refer to the MAX96700 IC and MAX96701 and the term “serializer” refer to the MAX96701 IC.
Note: This document applies to both coax and STP EV kits. This document covers coax cables, but the information provided applies equally to STP cables.
- Automotive Camera Applications
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.