Features and Benefits
- Fully Integrated for Ease of Use and Design Flexibility
- Optimized for PCIe Gen III (8.0GT/s), Gen II (5.0GT/s); Gen I (2.5 GT/s) Compatible
- Four Levels of Input Equalization Up to 16dB
- Eight Levels of Output Deemphasis Up to 9dB
- High Level of Performance to Overcome Noise in Lossy Channels
- Random Jitter: 0.5psRMS (typ)
- Deterministic Jitter: 10.5psP-P (typ)
- Equalization Permits Placement Up to 30” FR4
- Robust Solution for Harsh Environments
- Industrial Temperature Rated: -40°C to + 85°C
- ±5kV Human Body Model (HBM) Protection on All Pins
- Housed in a Flow Thru (3.5mm x 9.5mm) TQFN Package for Resistance to Vibration/Shocks
The MAX14954 is a quad equalizer/redriver designed to improve PCI Express® (PCIe) signal integrity by providing programmable input equalization at its receiver and programmable redrive circuitry. The output circuitry re-establishes deemphasis lost on the board and compensates for circuit-board loss. The device permits optimal placement of key PCIe components. The device is useful with stripline, microstrip printed circuits, and balanced 100Ω cable.
The device is tailored for PCIe and features electrical idle and receiver detection on each channel. It is optimized for PCIe Gen III (8.0GT/s) and Gen II (5.0GT/s) data rates, while still handling Gen I (2.5GT/s).
The MAX14954 is available in a small, lead-free, 42-pin (3.5mm x 9.0mm) TQFN package for optimal layout and minimal space requirements. The device is specified over -40°C to +85°C extended operating temperature range.
- Carrier Boards
- Computer on Modules
- Industrial/Embedded PC
- Medical Equipment
- Rack Server Industrial PCs
- Test Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX14954 Reliability Data10/10/2022
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.