Features and Benefits
- High Configurability and Integration Enable Faster
Time-to-Market and Reduce SKUs
- Push-Pull, High-Side, or Low-Side Outputs
- DIO and DO Drivers Can Be Connected in Parallel to Increase Current and Reduce Output Resistance
- 200mA Specified DIO and DO Output Drive
- 2.5V to 5V Logic Interface Levels
- 5V and 3.3V Linear Regulators
- 400μs Wake-Up Detection on DIO Line
- 3μF DIO Load-Drive Capability
- 2μF DO Load-Drive Capability
- EMI Emission Control Through Slew-Controlled Driver
- Integrated Protection Enables Robust Solutions
- Reverse-Polarity-Protected 24V Supply Output
- SPI Interface for Configuration and Monitoring
- Reverse-Polarity and Short-Circuit Protection on All 24V Inputs/Outputs
- High-Temperature Warning and Thermal Shutdown
- Extensive Fault Monitoring and Reporting
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- Space-Saving 4mm x 4mm TQFN Package Saves Circuit Footprint
The MAX14836 transceiver is suitable for 24V binary sensors. Additional 24V digital inputs and outputs are provided. Two internal linear regulators generate common sensor power requirements: 5V and 3.3V.
On-board DIO and DO drivers are independently configurable for push-pull, high-side (pnp), or low-side (npn) operation. The device detects a wake-up condition and generates a wake-up signal on the active-low WU output.
An SPI interface allows configuration and monitoring of the devices. Extensive alarm conditions are detected and communicated through the active-low IRQ output and the SPI interface. The device features reverse-polarity, short-circuit, and thermal protection. All power lines are monitored for undervoltage conditions.
Both DIO and DO drivers are specified for sinking/sourcing 200mA.
The MAX14836 is available in a 4mm x 4mm, 24-pin TQFN package, and is specified over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Industrial Sensors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.