Features and Benefits
- Integrated Protection Increases Robustness
- ±35kV HBM ESD per JEDEC JS-001-2012
- ±12kV Contact ESD per IEC 61000-4-2
- ±15kV Air Gap ESD per IEC 61000-4-2
- True Fail-Safe Receiver Prevents False Transitions on Receiver Input Short or Open
- Hot Swap Eliminates False Transitions During Power-Up or Hot Insertion
- Short-Circuit-Protected Outputs
- Thermal Shutdown Circuitry Prevents Excessive Power Dissipation
- Low Current Reduces Power Consumption
- 15µA Shutdown Current
- 2.5mA Supply Current Typical with No Load
- Profibus Compliant with Minimum 20Mbps Data Rate
- Allows Up to 128 Transceivers on the Bus
- -40°C to +125°C Automotive Temperature Range in Tiny 8-Pin (3mm x 3mm) TDFN
- Industrial Fieldbuses
- Machine Encoders
- Motion Controllers
- PROFIBUS-DP Networks
- RS-485 Networks
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX14770E Reliability Data1/12/2023
RS-485: Still the Most Robust Communication2/7/2017
Guide to Industrial Motor Control System | Maxim Integrated5/10/2010
Using RS-485/RS-422 Transceivers in Fieldbus Networks12/27/2002
Guidelines for Proper Wiring of an RS-485 (TIA/EIA-485-A) Network11/19/2001
Guide to Selecting and Using RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 Serial Data Standards12/29/2000
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.