Features and Benefits
- +5.0V Operation
- Extended ESD Protection for RS-485/RS-422 I/O Pins ±15kV Human Body Model
- True Fail-Safe Receiver While Maintaining EIA/TIA-485 Compatibility
- Hot-Swap Input Structures on DE and active-low RE
- Enhanced Slew-Rate Limiting Facilitates Error-Free Data Transmission (MAX13080E–MAX13084E/MAX13089E)
- Low-Current Shutdown Mode (Except MAX13081E/MAX13084E/MAX13087E)
- Pin-Selectable Full-/Half-Duplex Operation (MAX13089E)
- Phase Controls to Correct for Twisted-Pair Reversal (MAX13089E)
- Allow Up to 256 Transceivers on the Bus
- Available in Industry-Standard 8-Pin SO Package
- Industrial Control
- Lighting Systems
- Security Systems
- Utility Meters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.