Features and Benefits
- Guaranteed Operation from –55°C to 175°C
- Fully Tested at 175°C
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- ±52kV ESD Interface Pins, ±15kV All Other Pins
- Level 4 IEC61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transient
- ±25V Working Common Mode Range
- 20Mbps Maximum Baud Rate
- Operates with VCC from 3V to 5.5V
- PROFIBUS IEC 61158-2 Compliant (VCC ≥ 4.5V)
- Fully Balanced Differential Receiver Thresholds with 240mV Hysteresis for Superior Noise Tolerance and Low Duty Cycle Distortion
- Receiver Failsafe for Open, Shorted and Terminated Conditions
- Available in a Tiny 3mm × 3mm MSOP Package
The LTC2879X is a rugged RS485/RS422 transceiver designed to operate over a wide temperature range of –55°C to 175°C. Special processing steps are used to prevent intermetallic growth that can cause metal voids on standard parts operating at high temperatures. Lowdrift, low-leakage circuitry and lack of a thermal shutdown circuit allow the LTC2879X to meet critical specifications, tested 100% at 175°C.
The LTC2879X also meets the specifications for PROFIBUS-DP (IEC 61158-2) supporting all data rates from 9.6kbps to 12Mbps.
The LTC2879X is exceptionally robust, tolerating ±60V faults on the bus pins and protected to ±52kV ESD. These devices are suitable for harsh environments or where 24V power might be inadvertently connected. Extended ±25V input common mode operating range and full failsafe operation improve data communication reliability in noisy systems.
The LTC2879X meets RS485, RS422, and PROFIBUS-DP specifications with a supply voltage of 4.5V to 5.5V with full RS485/RS422 compatibility down to 3V.
- Oil and Gas Exploration
- High Temperature Industrial Control
- Military Systems
- Harsh Environments
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.