New Content (1)
Product Selector CardDigital Isolation and Interface Technology Selection Guide 2020
Features and Benefits
- Integrated, Logic-Selectable 120Ω Termination Resistor
- 20Mbps Max Data Rate
- No Damage or Latch-up to ESD: ±15kV HBM
- High Input Impedance Supports 256 Nodes
- 250kbps Low-EMI Mode
- Guaranteed Fail-safe Receiver Operation Over the Entire Common Mode Range
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Delayed Micropower Shutdown (5μA Max)
- Power Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs
- Low Operating Current (900μA Max in Receive Mode)
- Meets All TIA/EIA-485-A Specifications
- Available in 10-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN, 12-Pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-Pin SSOP Packages
The LTC2859 and LTC2861 are low power, 20Mbps RS485/422 transceivers operating on 5V supplies. The receiver includes a logic-selectable 120Ω termination, one-eighth unit load supporting up to 256 nodes per bus, and a fail-safe feature that guarantees a high output state under conditions of floating or shorted inputs.
The driver features a logic-selectable low-EMI 250kbps operating mode, and maintains a high output impedance over the entire common mode range when disabled or when the supply is removed. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or a fault is prevented by current limiting all outputs and by a thermal shutdown.
Enhanced ESD protection allows the LTC2859 and LTC2861 to withstand ±15kV (human body model) on the transceiver interface pins without latch-up or damage.
- Low Power RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- Level Translator
- Backplane Transceiver
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTC2859 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.