Features and Benefits
- Integrated, Logic-Selectable 120Ω Termination Resistor
- 3.3V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps Maximum Data Rate
- No Damage or Latchup Up to ±25kV HBM
- High Input Impedance Supports 256 Nodes (C-, I‑Grade)
- Operation Up to 125°C (H-Grade)
- Guaranteed Fail-safe Receiver Operation Over the Entire Common Mode Range
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Delayed Micropower Shutdown: 5μA Maximum (C-, I-Grade)
- Power Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs
- Low Operating Current: 370μA Typical in Receive Mode
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A Specifications
- Available in 10-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN, 12-Pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-Pin SSOP Packages
The LTC2854 and LTC2855 are low power, 20Mbps RS485/RS422 transceivers operating on 3.3V supplies. The receiver includes a logic-selectable 120Ω termination, one-eighth unit load supporting up to 256 nodes per bus (C-, I-Grade), and a fail-safe feature that guarantees a high output state under conditions of floating or shorted inputs.
The driver maintains a high output impedance over the entire common mode range when disabled or when the supply is removed. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or a fault is prevented by current limiting all outputs and by a thermal shutdown.
Enhanced ESD protection allows the LTC2854 to withstand ±25kV (human body model) and the LTC2855 to withstand ±15kV on the transceiver interface pins without latchup or damage.
- Low Power RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- Level Translator
- Backplane Transceiver
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTC2854 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Product Selection Guide (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.