Features and Benefits
- Precision Propagation Delay: 18.5ns ±3.5ns Over 0°C to 70°C Temperature Range
- Data Rate: 52Mbps
- Low tPLH/tPHL Skew: 500ps Typ
- Low Channel-to-Channel Skew: 500ps Typ
- –7V to 12V RS485 Input Common Mode Range
- Input Resistance ≥22k, Even When Unpowered
- Guaranteed Fail-Safe Operation over the Entire Common Mode Range
- Hot Swap™ Capable
- High Common Mode Rejection to 26MHz
- Short-Circuit Protection: 10mA Typ Output Current for an Indefinite Short
- Three-State Output Capability
- Will Not Oscillate with Slow Moving Input Signals
- Single 5V Supply
- Pin Compatible with LTC488, LTC489
The LTC1518/LTC1519 are high speed, precision delay differential quad bus/line receivers that can operate at data rates as high as 52Mbps. They are pin compatible with the LTC488/LTC489 RS485 line receivers and operate over the entire –7V to 12V common mode range. A unique architecture provides very stable propagation delays and low skew over wide input common mode, input overdrive and ambient temperature ranges. Propagation delay is 18.5ns ±3.5ns over the commercial temperature range. Typical tPLH/tPHL and channel-to-channel skew is 500ps.
Each receiver translates differential input levels (| VID | ≥ 300mV) into valid CMOS and TTL output levels. Its high input resistance (≥22k) allows many receivers to be connected to the same driver. The receiver outputs go into a high impedance state when disabled.
The receivers have a fail-safe feature that guarantees a high output state when the inputs are shorted or left floating. Other protection features include thermal shutdown and a controlled maximum short-circuit current (50mA Max). Input resistance remains ≥22k when the device is unpowered or disabled, thus allowing hot swapping without loading the data lines.
The LTC1518/LTC1519 operate from a single 5V supply and draw 12mA of supply current.
- High Speed RS485/RS422 Receivers
- STS-1/OC-1 Data Receivers
- PECL Line Receivers
- Level Translators
- Fast-20/Fast-40 SCSI Receiver
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.