New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- No Damage or Latchup to ±15kV ESD (Human Body Model), IEC-1000-4-2 Level 4 Contact (±8kV) and Level 3 (±8kV) Air Gap Specifications
- Guaranteed High Receiver Output State for Floating, Shorted or Terminated Inputs with No Signal Present
- Drives Low Cost Residential Telephone Wires
- Low Power: ICC = 700μA Max with Driver Disabled
- ICC = 900μA Max for Driver Enable with No Load
- 20μA Max Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
- Single 5V Supply
- -7V to 12V Common Mode Range Permits ±7V Ground Difference Between Devices on the Data Line
- Power Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs
- Up to 32 Transceivers on the Bus
- Pin Compatible with the LTC485
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP, PDIP and SO Packages
The LTC1484 is a low power RS485 compatible transceiver. In receiver mode, it offers a fail-safe feature which guarantees a high receiver output state when the inputs are left open, shorted together or terminated with no signal present. No external components are required to ensure the high receiver output state.
Both driver and receiver feature three-state outputs with separate receiver and driver control pins. The driver outputs maintain high impedance over the entire common mode range when three-stated. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or faults is prevented by a thermal shutdown circuit that forces the driver outputs into a high impedance state.
Enhanced ESD protection allows the LTC1484 to withstand ±15kV (human body model), IEC-1000-4-2 level 4 (±8kV) contact and level 3 (±8kV) air discharge ESD without latchup or damage.
The LTC1484 is fully specified over the commercial and industrial temperature ranges and is available in 8-lead MSOP, PDIP and SO packages.
- Battery-Powered RS485/RS422 Applications
- Low Power RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- Level Translator
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-RS485HDEBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of half-duplex RS-485 transceivers with standard 8-lead SOIC footprints. The evaluation board allows interfacing via screw terminal block to digital I/O for driver input (DI), receiver output (RO), driver enable (DE) and receiver output (RO). Bus signals A and B (half-duplex bus) can be connected to a bus screw terminal block. One or two termination resistors can be connected to A and B via jumper settings, in order to evaluation the half-duplex RS-485 driver and receiver. Footprints are provided for pull-up and pull-down (biasing resistors) on the bus.
Devices for evaluation on the board must be ordered separately.
LTC1484 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.