Features and Benefits
- ESD Protection over ±10kV (±15kV IEC-1000-4-2 for LT1133A, LT1137A and LT1141A)
- Uses Small Capacitors: 0.1µF, 0.2µF
- 1µA Supply Current in SHUTDOWN
- 120kbaud Operation for RL = 3k, CL = 2500pF
- 250kbaud Operation for RL = 3k, CL = 1000pF
- CMOS Comparable Low Power
- Easy PC Layout: Flowthrough Architecture
- Rugged Bipolar Design: Absolutely No Latchup
- Outputs Assume a High Impedance State When Off or Powered Down
- Improved Protection: RS232 I/O Lines Can Be Forced to ±30V Without Damage
- Output Overvoltage Does Not Force Current Back into Supplies
- Available in SO and SSOP Packages
The LT1130A/LT1140A series of RS232 drivers/receivers features special bipolar construction techniques which protect the drivers and receivers beyond the fault conditions stipulated for RS232. Driver outputs and receiver inputs can be shorted to ±30V without damaging the device or the power supply generator. In addition, the RS232 I/O pins are resilient to multiple ±10kV ESD strikes. An advanced driver output stage operates up to 250kbaud while driving heavy capacitive loads. Supply current is typically 12mA, competitive with CMOS devices.
Several members of the series include flexible operating mode controls. The DRIVER DISABLE pin disables the drivers and the charge pump, the ON/OFF pin shuts down all circuitry. While shut down, the drivers and receivers assume high impedance output states.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.