Features and Benefits
- Supports data rates from dc up to 32 Gbps
- Protocol and data rate agnostic
- Low latency (<170 ps)
- Integrated AGC with differential sensitivity of <50 mV
- Up to 20 dB programmable multiple unit interval input equalization
- Extended chromatic and polarization mode dispersion tolerance
- Programmable differential output amplitude control of up to 600 mV
- Single 3.3 V supply eliminating external regulators
- Wide temperature range from −40°C to +95°C
- 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead LFCSP package
The HMC6545 is a low power, high performance, fully programmable, dual-channel, asynchronous advanced linear equalizer that operates at data rates of up to 32 Gbps. The HMC6545 is protocol and data rate agnostic, and it can operate on the transmit path to predistort a transmitted signal to invert channel distortion or on the receiver path to equalize the distorted and attenuated received signal. The HMC6545 is effective in dealing with chromatic and polarization mode dispersion and intersymbol interference (ISI) caused by a wide variety of transmission media (backplane or fiber) and channel lengths.
The HMC6545 consists of an automatic gain control (AGC); dc offset correction circuitry; a 9-tap, 18 ps spaced feedforward equalizer (FFE); a summing node; and a linear programmable output driver. The input AGC linearly attenuates or amplifies the distorted input signal to generate a constant voltage at the input of the FFE. The 9-tap FFE is programmed via 2-wire interface to generate wide range frequency responses that are precursor or postcursor in nature for compensating signal impairments. After FFE tap coefficients are summed at the summing node, the signal is received by a linear output driver. DC offset correction circuitry is controlled either automatically or manually via Forward Error Correction (FEC).
All high speed differential inputs and outputs of the HMC6545 are current mode logic (CML) and terminated on chip with 50 Ω to the positive supply, 3.3 V, and can be dc-coupled or ac-coupled. The inputs and outputs of the HMC6545 can be operated either differentially or single-ended. The low power, high performance, and feature rich HMC6545 is packaged in a 5 mm × 5 mm, 32-lead LFCSP package. The device uses a single 3.3 V supply, eliminating external regulators. The HMC6545 operates over a −40°C to +95°C temperature range.
- 40 Gbps/100 Gbps DQPSK direct detection receivers
- Short and long reach CFP2 and QSFP+ modules
- CEI-28G MR and CEI-25G LR 100 GE line cards
- 16 Gbps and 32 Gbps Fibre Channel
- Infiniband 14 Gbps FDR and 28 Gbps EDR rates
- Signal conditioning for backplane and line cards
- Broadband test and measurement equipment
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.