Features and Benefits
- 32-bit Core CPU
- CISC architecture optimized for real time
- CPU32+ (Motorola® 68000) instruction-set compatible
- Five hardware contexts, each with its own register set and interrupt vector table
- An 8- or 16-bit external bus interface with programmable chip selects
- 24 Kbytes of high-speed internal user SRAM
- 32 Kbytes of high-speed internal user-mappable Relocatable Rapid Execution Memory (RREM)
- A Memory Protection Unit (MPU)
- An SDRAM controller
- Flat, contiguous memory space
- Non-aligned memory access support
- Dedicated Peripheral Management Unit (PMU)
- Four Universal I/O Controllers (UICs) capable of supporting the following protocols:
- 10/100 Ethernet with flexible MAC Address Filtering schemes
- I2C™ Bus
- Two channels of full-featured direct memory access (DMA) with deterministic arbitration
- Two Timer/Counter Units (TCU)
- A Watchdog timer, system timer, and context timers
- JTAG emulation and debug interface
- Available in 208-pin PQFP and BGA 15- by 15-mm packages
- 3.3V operation with 5V-tolerant I/O
- Industrial temperature grade
- Software development supported by libraries and tools including UIC firmware for various interface protocols and formats, as well as a customized GNU tool set.
fido1100 is the first product in the fido™ family of real-time communication controllers. The fido communication controller architecture is uniquely optimized for solving memory bottlenecks, and is designed from the ground up for deterministic processing. Critical timing parameters, such as context switching and interrupt latency, are precisely predictable for real-time tasks. The fido1100 also incorporates the Universal I/O Controller (UIC™) that is configurable to support various communication protocols across multiple platforms. This flexibility relieves the designer of the task of searching product matrices to find the set of peripherals that most closely match the system interface needs. The Software Profiling and Integrated Debug EnviRonment (SPIDER™) has extensive real-time code debug capabilities without the burden of code instrumentation.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.