The DS9488-GP8 multi-device programmer for 1-Wire® and I2C devices simultaneously programs up to 8 devices that use the 1-Wire or I2C bus programming interface. A variety of DS9122 series socket adapters, sold separately, allows the DS9488-GP8 programmer to support multiple IC types. Software plugins for every supported device are quickly and easily installed.
Configuration settings allow access to device-specific features such as memory protection, read/write permissions, authentication, etc. These can be store as a configuration profile and automatically loaded in subsequent programming sessions.
A USB interface connects the programmer to any computer. A convenient Windows® application allows for easy operation of the programmer.
Available socket adapters allow the DS9488-GP8 to program a variety of Maxim devices. The Ordering Information lists the socket adapters and the devices they support.DS9488-GP8 Features
- Programs Up to 8 Devices in a Single Session
- Multiple Devices Supported by One Programmer
- Socket Adapters Available for Most Devices
- Easily Add Support for New Devices
- Intuitive Windows Application Reduces Learning Time
- Standard USB Interface Connects to Any Computer
- The DS9488-GP8 requires DS9122 socket adapters that are sold separately
- DS9488-GP8 software component for supported Secure Authenticator devices is available under NDA
The DS9122 socket adapters are used in conjunction with the DS9488-GP8 to program a subset of Maxim's 1-Wire® and I2C Secure Authenticator devices simultaneously.The socket adapters employ ESD-sensitive components and LED status indicators to identify pass/fail status of individual devices. Depending on the device(s) to be programmed, a specific DS9122 adapter part number is required.
Additional descriptions are detailed in the data sheet.DS9122 Features
- Enable Programming of Up to 8 Devices In a Single Session
- Status LEDs Provide Immediate Pass/Fail Confirmation
DS9122P: Dual 6-pin TSOC Socket Adapter for DS2431P, DS28E15P, DS28E22P, DS28E25P
DS9122Q: 6-pin TDFN Socket Adapter for DS2431Q, DS28E15Q, DS28E22Q, DS28E25Q
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.