Features and Benefits
- Compact two-piece, all-metal receptacle for F5 MicroCan
- Accepts two-thirds of the MicroCan (one-third of MicroCan will extend out)
- Allows reading iButtons with either momentary or dwelled contact
- Outer ring will hold MicroCan for dwelled contact
- Two options for data contact: cantilever (DS9100B) or coiled spring (DS9100C)
- >10000 insertion/withdrawal cycles with no performance degradation
- Redundancy of contacts and high contact force ensure reliability
- Probe withstands high temperatures required for printed circuit board (PCB) solder reflow operations
- Material is stainless steel with selective tin lead plating for optimal solderability to PCB
- Cleaning fluids drain freely for quick clean up
The DS9100 touch and hold probe stampings' function is similar to the DS9098 iButton® retainer. An F5 MicroCan™ will fit completely into the DS9098, but the flange and about one-third of the can will extend out if pressed into the DS9100. As a probe, the DS9100A together with the coiled spring DS9100C allows reading iButtons on contact. With additional pressure, the stiff springs of the DS9100A's outer ring will deflect and grip the MicroCan sufficiently to provide a continuous contact to both the can rim (ground) and the can lid (data). If reading on contact is not required, the cantilever-type center contact DS9100B can be used rather than the DS9100C.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Documentation & Resources
DS9100 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.