Features and Benefits
- Complete Interface/Control for Two Separate Smart Card Devices
- 8kV (min) ESD Protection on Card Interfaces
- Internal IC Card Supply Voltage Generation
- 5.0V ±5%, 65mA (max)
- 3.0V ±8%, 50mA (max)
- 1.8V ±10%, 30mA (max)
- Automatic Card Activation, Deactivation, and Data Communication Controlled by Dedicated Internal Sequencer
- Host Interface Through an 8-Bit Parallel Bus (User-Selectable Multiplexed or Nonmultiplexed Modes)
- Chip Select and Three-State Bus Allow Multiple Devices (Card Readers and Memories) on Bus
- 8-Character Receive FIFO with Optional Programmable Depth/Threshold
- I/O Interface Pin to External ISO 7816 UART
- Separate Card Clock Generation (Up to 10MHz) with 2x Frequency Doubling
- Selectable Card Clock Stop High, Stop Low, or Internally Generated 1.25MHz (for Card Power-Down)
- EMV-Certified Reference Design and Evaluation Kit Available (DS8007-KIT)
The DS8007A multiprotocol dual smart card interface is an automotive grade, low-cost, dual smart card reader interface supporting all ISO 7816, EMV™, and GSM11-11 requirements. Through its 8-bit parallel bus and dedicated address selects (AD3–AD0), the DS8007A can easily and directly connect to the nonmultiplexed byte-wide bus of a Maxim secure microcontroller. Optionally, the parallel bus can be multiplexed to allow direct access to the multiplexed bus of an 80C51-compatible microcontroller through MOVX memory addressing.
One integrated UART is multiplexed among the interfaces to allow high-speed automatic smart card processing with each card-possessing, independent, variable, baud-rate capability. The card interface is controlled by internal sequencers that support automatic activation and deactivation sequencing, handling all actions required for T = 0, T = 1, and synchronous protocols. Emergency deactivation is also supported in case of supply dropout. A third card is supported through the auxiliary I/O. The same set of I/O can optionally be used as additional serial interface for the UART.
The DS8007A provides all electrical signals necessary to interface with two smart cards. The integrated voltage converter ensures full cross-compatibility between 1.8V/3V/5V cards and a 1.8V/3V/5V environment, and allows operation within a 2.7V to 6V supply voltage range. The standard DS8007 revision is available for nonautomotive applications.
- Access Control
- Banking Applications (Point-of-Sale Terminals, Debit/Credit Payment Terminals, PIN Pads, Automated Teller Machines)
- Pay Television
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.