DS3644 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Features and Benefits
- 1024-Byte Nonimprinting Memory with High-Speed Erase
- 64 Bytes General-Purpose RAM (Not Cleared)
- External SRAM Control and Optional Tamper-Event Erasure
- Segmented Tamper-Detection Memory Hierarchy with Programmable Tamper-Event Sources
- On-Chip Programmable Temperature Sensing with Proprietary Rate-of-Change (ROC) Detector
- Two General-Purpose Tamper-Detect Logic Inputs
- Four Uncommitted Tamper-Detect Comparator Inputs
- Four Window Comparators with On-Chip Reference Voltage
- Latching and Timestamping of Tamper Events
- Crystal Oscillator Tamper Monitoring
- Programmable Power-Consumption Options for Very Low Standby Current
- 64-Bit Unique Silicon Serial Number
- On-Chip Random-Number Generator (RNG)
- 32-Bit Seconds Counter with Watchdog Timer and Alarm Output
- CPU Supervisor
- I2C-Compatible Interface
One of the DS3644's primary features is the on-chip nonimprinting memory, consisting of eight 128-byte banks incorporating a high-speed, direct-wired clearing function. The 1KB memory is constantly complemented in the background to prevent memory imprinting of data. The DS3644 architecture allows the user to clear selective banks of the memory based upon specified tamper events. In the event of a qualified tamper event, the desired bank(s) of memory are rapidly cleared and a negative bias can be applied to erase external memory.
The DS3644 includes a seconds counter, watchdog timer, CPU supervisor, nonvolatile (NV) SRAM controller, and on-chip temperature sensor. In the event of a primary power failure, an external battery source is automatically switched in to keep the memory, time, and tamper-detection circuitry active. The DS3644 provides low-leakage, tamper-detection inputs for interface to external sensors, interlocks, and antitamper meshes. The DS3644 also invokes a tamper event on absolute temperature, if the temperature rate-of-change exceeds programmed limits, or if the crystal oscillator frequency falls outside a specified window. The tamper event is latched and timestamped for fault-recovery purposes.
Access to the timer, tamper monitoring, memory, and device configuration is conducted through an I²C-compatible interface. The DS3644 is assembled in a Pb-free, 7mm x 7mm x 0.8mm CSBGA package.
- Access-Control Security Systems
- Cryptographic Processors
- E-Commerce Servers
- Gaming Systems
- Network Routers and Switches
- Network Storage Servers
- PIN Pads
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Secure Communications
- Set-Top Boxes
- Smart Card Readers
- Software-Defined Radios
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Embedded Security Going Forward1/30/2007
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.